R&L | New truck

:bgroovy:
Any terminal getting new trucks

They claim we are but they also claimed it for the last few months, now they are saying in the next month or two. Who knows. I did get a brand spanking new Great dane liftgate trailer though. Ive had it exactly one day so far. Really nice 2014 trailer. LEO945.:bananapartyhat::bgroovy::dance:

We got 3 Pete line haul tractors but no city tractors. I'm so pissed. Our newest city tractor is an 04. We really needed new city tractors, not line tractors.

I feel your pain, all the rest of our city & road
tractors are 04 & older. They could still be decent
trucks if they had been maintained better & washed.
The new truck really looks out of place on our yard.

While I haven't gotten a new one, Im pretty proud of the tractor I have and try to keep it nice.
10440267_10203948741188958_3126327583758942508_n_zps76a5aa0e.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice to see some drivers are able to keep their tractors nice. When we worked at R&L, we always had a fairly clean tractor. Some of you older drivers might remember us. Husband , wife team out of Louisville. Well, only team out of Lou. We had a number of nice trucks while we were there. The first Eagle with an auto transmission, the piece of crap Mack they had for a while, and several other IH and Freightliners. Always enjoyed polishing wheels. We really have missed being there. Had some good times, but also last year was not so good. Hope you all are doing better now. One thing that always helped us was that we always respected and worked with all the shops in the system and did not give them a hard time. The guys at the Wil shop especially always helped us when they could. The last year or so, when we had all the crappy worn out team trucks was pretty bad, but the shop guys all over kept us going. And Dallas and Houston did a lot for us too. You all be safe out there.

Any truck going into California must now conform to all of there laws. It does not matter where your Tractor is from. Carb trumps the EPA!

The New tractors are a joke. Automatic transmissions very low rpm 1200 and if you try to help it shift you loose more power. The side windows get covered in dirt every time it rains or snow bad design.

While I haven't gotten a new one, Im pretty proud of the tractor I have and try to keep it nice.
10440267_10203948741188958_3126327583758942508_n_zps76a5aa0e.jpg
Glad to see you take pride in your ride reguardless of its age. I will also bet you wear your uniform daily. You can tell alot about a person by how they look and dress no matter how old they are or their equipment is. I do believe pride=preformance and you will set the bar. I see some of our trucks on the road and feel ashamed of the company others make me proud to be on the team. Thanks Bro. This is a great place to vent instead of doing it on the clock.