Yellow | new trucks all the yrc guys r waiving

Jifflox? I've never seen one other than that one occasion, but I've never seen anything in the law suggesting they're illegal. A-trains aren't as common here, so I could see a DOT cop questioning why part of your truck comes off. But to my knowledge they are legal.

I was a little confused when I saw a tandem Big R, until I saw the second pair of mudflaps.
Not sure if its true or not. A Hyman driver told me that they weren't allowed to run them thru port of entry.

I don't want to speak for my Brother yrc-atm, but I think he may be eluding to a question about whether the 5th wheel on a converter dolly could be movable or had to be fixed , stationary? To be honest, I never saw anything in writing, one way or another.
Same here. I've never actually come across anything regarding that. I have seen some sliding fifth wheels on heavy tandem jeep dollies used for floats, but converters could be somehow regarded differently.

Same here. I've never actually come across anything regarding that. I have seen some sliding fifth wheels on heavy tandem jeep dollies used for floats, but converters could be somehow regarded differently.

I worked out of Stroudsburg, Pa. We used to meet Reimer Drivers from the Montreal terminal, at Wilton, NY.. The company tried to load vans to Canada, because as you know, we only loaded waist high, so the Customs Agent, didn't have a hard time clearing them at the border. There were times when we just had to send pups, no vans available at time of loading. The Reimer Drivers didn't have any issues as far as I know., with Canadian Authorities.

I worked out of Stroudsburg, Pa. We used to meet Reimer Drivers from the Montreal terminal, at Wilton, NY.. The company tried to load vans to Canada, because as you know, we only loaded waist high, so the Customs Agent, didn't have a hard time clearing them at the border. There were times when we just had to send pups, no vans available at time of loading. The Reimer Drivers didn't have any issues as far as I know., with Canadian Authorities.
Well, I suppose that answers that then. I understand the waist high loading. There was a time we ran vans to Toledo the same way, but they flipped all linehaul to pups to deck them front to back. Not hard to lose a few hours while customs unloads you if they wanna see something.

I pass by the YRC yard in Dearborn, MI sometimes and there's usually at least one Reimer van in there on top of several Roadway vans. I have been regularly seeing a Reimer truck with a van coming onto I-96 from the Ambassador or otherwise on I-94.

Business is picking up for you YRC guys, at least judging by the number of YRC and Reimer trucks I see every day. I hope you guys can pull it up out of the hole...I may personally not want to be a Teamster, but nobody should be out a job over this. And at the end of the day, we're all out here to make a living driving trucks regardless.

Maybe you didn't want or need to hear that from a non-union contractor for FedEx Freight Canada, but I wanted to say it all the same.

Well, I suppose that answers that then. I understand the waist high loading. There was a time we ran vans to Toledo the same way, but they flipped all linehaul to pups to deck them front to back. Not hard to lose a few hours while customs unloads you if they wanna see something.

I pass by the YRC yard in Dearborn, MI sometimes and there's usually at least one Reimer van in there on top of several Roadway vans. I have been regularly seeing a Reimer truck with a van coming onto I-96 from the Ambassador or otherwise on I-94.

Business is picking up for you YRC guys, at least judging by the number of YRC and Reimer trucks I see every day. I hope you guys can pull it up out of the hole...I may personally not want to be a Teamster, but nobody should be out a job over this. And at the end of the day, we're all out here to make a living driving trucks regardless.

Maybe you didn't want or need to hear that from a non-union contractor for FedEx Freight Canada, but I wanted to say it all the same.
Well, thank you. I read all the Union Threads on your Forum, and 90% of the postings. I know how you and others feel. It's a decision that you and only you and your Family can make. I see that you have taken some heat from the pro side. Well, no matter how it turns out for you Guys & Gals, stay safe, and keep the shiny side up.
:shift:

Those were the "porch lights".

I checked out my 'porch light,' and was disappointed to find that it is dysfunctional. ( I guess that's why we get along so well! )

I hope to have it illuminated soon, but I just had to remove the fuse for the daytime running lights, because someone else used her and now they stay on all the time.

(no reason for them to stay on all weekend??)

So glad our mekanik 'solved' the sensor problem with the failed speedo and odo and the rpm cutout @ 1500...

WRENCH where are you??????

Well, thank you. I read all the Union Threads on your Forum, and 90% of the postings. I know how you and others feel. It's a decision that you and only you and your Family can make. I see that you have taken some heat from the pro side. Well, no matter how it turns out for you Guys & Gals, stay safe, and keep the shiny side up.
:shift:
Thanks, man. I know the Canadian contractors won't organize, for a variety of reasons. FedEx might not treat everyone like gold, but I've yet to find another company (save for Reimer) that compensates as well to tolerate the politics. And I wasn't able to successfully contact Reimer when I was looking for a place to put my truck.

I have to admit that the pro-union discussion always has its merits. As an owner/operator, finding a company that offers benefits is rare. Reimer's guys seem happy with their lot in life, at least in the sense that I never hear them complaining.

Fred's anti-union, and he's proven he's not afraid to pay fines to keep them out. Frankly, if the votes start succeeding, I'll be watching carefully to see what the company does. If nothing changes, color me relieved. I like it here, and FedEx respects me considerably more than what my dad got out of what was left of TNT back in 2009.

I checked out my 'porch light,' and was disappointed to find that it is dysfunctional. ( I guess that's why we get along so well! )

I hope to have it illuminated soon, but I just had to remove the fuse for the daytime running lights, because someone else used her and now they stay on all the time.

So glad our mekanik 'solved' the sensor problem with the failed speedo and odo and the rpm cutout @ 1500...

The DRL module is in the fuse panel right next to the flasher, pull it out the lights will work normally :1036316054:

:cool::LMAO:

Jifflox? I've never seen one other than that one occasion, but I've never seen anything in the law suggesting they're illegal. A-trains aren't as common here, so I could see a DOT cop questioning why part of your truck comes off. But to my knowledge they are legal.

I was a little confused when I saw a tandem Big R, until I saw the second pair of mudflaps.

How long ago did you see this setup. They haven't been used in quite a few years as YRC scrapped the majority of them in favor of the convertor dolly. They kept a couple at select terminals across the system to run within the city operations. The last time I converted was in late 2009 after the moron bosses at 205 took our dedicated rides away from us and made us start slip seating. shortly after that they shut down our highway operations. Can't say I miss butting heads with a more arrogant bunch of morons ever corralled in a dispatch office one bit. I sure do miss my ride though.

Last edited by a moderator:
How long ago did you see this setup. They haven't been used in quite a few tears as YRC scrapped the majority of them in favor of the convertor dolly. They kept a couple at select terminals across the system to run within the city operations. The last time I converted was in late 2009 after the moron bosses at 205 took our dedicated rides away from us and made us start slip seating. shortly after that they shut down our highway operations. Can't say I miss butting heads with a more arrogant bunch of morons ever corralled in a dispatch office one bit. I sure do miss my ride though.
Just a few months ago. It stuck in my mind because I couldn't figure out why it was where it was. Nice rig!

Just a few months ago. It stuck in my mind because I couldn't figure out why it was where it was. Nice rig!

I bet that building sure looks familiar to you, it now has a FED EX FREIGHT sign in front of it. It was a nice truck, company took pretty good care of us before the buyout/ merge. I used to run Toledo, Buffalo and Detroit with it.

I bet that building sure looks familiar to you, it now has a FED EX FREIGHT sign in front of it. It was a nice truck company took pretty good care of before the buyout/ merge. I used to run Toledo, Buffalo and Detroit with it.
Yup. That's our West Toronto hub terminal now. I don't run out of there myself but I do visit periodically on my way back from Toledo.

The dead give away was the 2nd 5th wheel.:1036316054: