XPO | New trucks/trailer in xcw last night

That's a lot of bonus money. But if he thinks he can recoup it through rebranding then who am I to say otherwise. I just wish he would have divided that money up for you guys in bonus money. After all you guys are the ones that built this company.
The rebranding was paid for by the elimination of $28 million worth of Con-way management.

It just seems logical that just a name change won't get you more business.
I think that a name changing to a company that represents a fast shipping times to and from overseas shippers can get new business. XPO specializes in overseas freight and has a pile of connections over there from what I've read. The XPO name will open the eyes of some domestic accounts, and could generate new volume here at home......inbound and outbound.

If the new owner is trying to disassociate himself with the name Conway why is it being put in his new graphics.
Personally, I think that "turning the page" decal from the old Conway to the new XPO is genius. The graphic indicates to the pubic and customers that Conway has changed and has evolved into XPO. I think that it's a great idea, although I doubt that very many trailers will have that graphic on them, because at some point, they'll have to be changed again to just XPO.

Personally, I think that "turning the page" decal from the old Conway to the new XPO is genius. The graphic indicates to the pubic and customers that Conway has changed and has evolved into XPO. I think that it's a great idea, although I doubt that very many trailers will have that graphic on them, because at some point, they'll have to be changed again to just XPO.
I suspect that shot of having been photoshopped.

If the new owner is trying to disassociate himself with the name Conway why is it being put in his new graphics. I'm not trying to be confrontational. I'm just trying to understand. Is he just trying to say the new and improved Conway under new ownership?
No, he's saying that Con-way is no more. He is saying that XPO has grown and now owns and LTL fleet.

That's a lot of bonus money. But if he thinks he can recoup it through rebranding then who am I to say otherwise. I just wish he would have divided that money up for you guys in bonus money. After all you guys are the ones that built this company.
We didn't build XPO, why should former con-way employees get a bonus after a buyout? Is the XPO board going to pay their existing employees a bonus just because they bought another company? What is your point with all this bonus nonsense? Why are you trying to stir feelings of ill will, labor to new management?

I feel the same was as you do. I can see rebranding city vans, lift gates and anything that commonly goes to the customers, but spending a ton of money rebranding linehaul equipment can't pay off. I said the same thing when they all went blue. We spent millions rebranding equipment, when they should have picked a year, say 3 years old and newer on tractors and let the rest cycle out as they got replaced.

I believe that rebranding has a lot to do with the paperwork on the truck has to match the ownership papers ( a DOT thing). More detailed than that, but you get my drift. The other most important thing is PRIDE and RECOGNITION. Doing away with the pain of being sold or purchased. You know this is not how abc trucking did it or I liked abc better then do dot trucking. Besides Jacobs has a way about him that spells CONTROL. Like it or not you have to admire that to a certain extent. I would have loved to see him pull this off over the weekend. Even if it takes a year it will be something to marvel about. I think by the weekend he will have most of it done. No, I do not work for Conway. I am a retired teamster and enjoy watching all companies in trucking grow. Every man and woman working for Conway had real pride in their company and rebranding will help move that to XPO.

I feel the same was as you do. I can see rebranding city vans, lift gates and anything that commonly goes to the customers, but spending a ton of money rebranding linehaul equipment can't pay off. I said the same thing when they all went blue. We spent millions rebranding equipment, when they should have picked a year, say 3 years old and newer on tractors and let the rest cycle out as they got replaced.
I think your right. Rebranding new equipment is fine IMO. And certain selected equipment. But the whole fleet is not worth this new so-called perception. It will not gain new business, you must earn that. UPS (Overnite) knew this and they don't come any smarter than that. Even the rebranded trucks still have the Conway logo. What's up with that? As far as Scotchneat getting all defensive and saying I'm trying to stir bad feelings is simply not true. I think the buy out can be a good thing. I just think 23 million could be spent on something that shows the current Conway employees that they are appreciated and to keep up the good work. And that could come in the form of a bonus during the holiday season. Instead many are left with a feeling of uncertainty. And XPO investing in their investment through driver appreciation could motivate some drivers to step up their game. And that could help the bottom line. And the board would love that.

Last edited:
Ever see where someone puts a blue junk yard door on a red car and leaves it like that? Looks like crap. Rebrand everything asap.
Not a fair comparison. But I'm done here. I only came back because I was attacked. I won't again even if attacked further. I wish you guys the best.

We didn't build XPO, why should former con-way employees get a bonus after a buyout? Is the XPO board going to pay their existing employees a bonus just because they bought another company? What is your point with all this bonus nonsense? Why are you trying to stir feelings of ill will, labor to new management?
:soapbox: Anyway, I'm out of here. You guys will do fine.

There are a number of pictures of that trailer from different angles floating around. It's unlikely they're all photoshopped.
It's a good picture but the cost of applying it widespread to change it later isn't logical. Has anyone see that trailer yet? Having it sit in out front at the corporate offices would be a good place to park it.

more than likely just city trailers (liftgates and such) will have it to show customers the change (the peeling theme)....linehaul will get the new striping when it can. Probably when it gets routed to selected re-striping locations and the work will get through the system when it can. Or....Jacobs can pay to send re-striping crews to major terminals and do it there while linehaul works and get it done in half the time...

TkrLLIo.jpg
Anybody seen any of the XPO re-branded equipment in their yards coming in on line haul? Anybody getting and using XPO branded trailers on P&D work? Just curious how quickly the re-branding is coming along.

It's a good picture but the cost of applying it widespread to change it later isn't logical. Has anyone see that trailer yet? Having it sit in out front at the corporate offices would be a good place to park it.

I think it's a matched set of truck and trailer. Looks like it's been in Ann Arbor this week- there was a video that referred to it as the ambassador truck or something like that on Facebook. I think there's only one of them. If you look at all of the photos it looks like the same trailer number- the earlier photos were probably taken while it was being shuttled to Michigan.