R&L | New trucks....

Credits
Whats with the new straight trucks (non-cdl's).......R&L HOME DELIVERY sounds good............ Heard Ralph's buying 500 old UPS package cars also:hysterical: :biglaugh: That would look way to cool white with green racin stripes............................

It's a way to cut the city drivers hours
they'll give all the small P&D's to them
at substantially lower wages

Amen to they can have all the residentials! It's always the same: Yeah, we get trucks here all the time, then, oh, didn't know your truck was that big....:duh:

Amen to they can have all the residentials! It's always the same: Yeah, we get trucks here all the time, then, oh, didn't know your truck was that big....:duh:

Welcome to Truckingboads RLJAY1 Tell others you work with if you like it :1036316054:

hey i like the residentials.they keep me going out with freight and sometimes tip pretty good.ive had a few come to the door with see through outfits on.but between res. and eco lab,thats where i get most my hours

Oh yeah? Well just wait until they send you out with a 1000 lb safe and the homeowner demands that you take it not only inside, but down to the basement.

They can demand all they want!!!
NOT GONNA HAPPEN!

If the customer isnt prepared to receive the freight...they more than likely dont get it or they get it where I will place it for them...usually their garage.

Good. Let them do all the residentials.

That would be OK if the residentials is all they
did, but they'll be getting everything they can stuff on the things.
If you can afford to lose an hour or two here and there then good for you, but I guarantee
there's guys out here that it's going to hurt!!!

Remember guys, inside del is only five feet past the door, or in the garage. The question I get alot in a res. del is if my pallet jack can roll on grass because they want their stuff in the back yard. This happened alot when we were delivering the generators last year.

Remember guys, inside del is only five feet past the door, or in the garage. The question I get alot in a res. del is if my pallet jack can roll on grass because they want their stuff in the back yard. This happened alot when we were delivering the generators last year.

Did you roll them to the back yard????:1036316054:

I had one of those the other day.

I had a standard sized skid of wood flooring to deliver. I arrived in front of their house, they came outside, and asked what I had. Then, the lady of the house blocked the front door open, asked asked if I needed any help. I said no, saying to myself "I hope she doesn't think I'm taking this crap in the house".

I pulled the skid into the driveway, when she asked "Do you need my car moved"? I said "Okay, if you want me to drop it over there, instead of here"

"I want it inside."

"I can't take it inside."

"Why"?

"We don't do inside deliveries" I said, double checking the bill to make sure nothing was noted on it.

"What?!?" in disbelief. "Oh, alright. In the driveway is fine."

Slingblade, your right on the money there. If there is even a slight chance to cause some sort of damage I steer straight for the garage. If they want it inside the home I ask them to call the TM and let them make the call. I have only had to hand stack one delivery in a house and they tipped me $$$ and paid the inside delivery charge. Also they were very happy that it could be aranged to be done.