TForce | New Trucks

I heard last nite in the breakroom (so I know its true) that there are new trucks on the lot at South Holland and they are stripped out Volvos, bare bones! Has anyone else heard and could these maybe be city units?

Just hear say.I was there last night. and there was no new tractors.I heard the last bunch of sleepers that came in had no radios or power mirrors.

City equiptment???

As long as I have been here they have never bought city equiptment other than trailers. Tractors have always been road hand me downs. Allthough this year I heard that with every hand me down will come two brand new rolls of duct tape. One brown & One gray.:biglaugh:

You cannot have the power mirrors if you want the duct tape.... And if you want the shiney rims you cannot have the airride......:smilie_132:

City equiptment???

As long as I have been here they have never bought city equiptment other than trailers. Tractors have always been road hand me downs. Allthough this year I heard that with every hand me down will come two brand new rolls of duct tape. One brown & One gray.:biglaugh:

You are absolutely right, BN!!! But we are not in KANSAS anymore. They will still give out the welfare road trucks, but they want to save on the beating the new ones are taking in the city right now. It is cheaper to buy striped down city units @40,000 per pop, than 80,000 road trucks. More bang for the buck.

Oh my word no creature features,what is our company coming too?

I don't think they are concerned with their drivers on the job comforts anymore?

YA ten......5000 watts and 5000 light and we truckin.......Green or purple in the wind shield is the question though....

Either color, and with that many watts, we should be able too see the lite a couple of hours before we see you....:smilie_132:

And black and white fuzzy dice...

Accelerator thats what i've heard and mainly internationals and a few macks

From the tooth fairy or Santa Clause???? You eastern boys better get the Macks....We have mountains out here. I can't go fast enough down hill to make up for what it would take me to get up the hill....