TForce | New Trucks

My manly truck driving intuition says Sterling. Cheapest piece of junk you can buy. No radios, spring ride, no power anything and a straight 5 speed to boot!!! :hide:

I heard that the trucks will be the big hood Internationals like the BB Boys (Buster Brown) ride around in. But who knows, long as my pay is in the bank every week.

My manly truck driving intuition says Sterling. Cheapest piece of junk you can buy. No radios, spring ride, no power anything and a straight 5 speed to boot!!! :hide:

they can be had with air ride now. con-way's sterlings for the last several years have air ride. their 2006 tractors have air ride cabs.

400 cummins engines and 68 to 71 on pedal. And some of the test trucks have cd players!

I know your pullin it out your a$$ now.....Speed and tunes yea right!!!!! You say 400 cummins like it is good....450 and it is the same engine....And will run the dog out of a 400.....I will stay in my old one til it falls down and dies.....JUST TURN IT UP SO I CAN MAKE MY RUN ON TIME!!!!!!!!!

Talking about numbers,my VOLVO only has just under 800 more miles for my odometer to turn one million miles.
I only do about 120,to 150 per day of city driving.
So maybe,the end of next week,or the beginning the 25th,or 26th.
Maybe I'll buy a cake,and celebrate this milestone event?
Or not,I'll have to see how hungry I am the day it turns over.

Now I'll just have to pray that God keeps me healthy so I can do my route on the big day.

I was just telling my TM this morning,he needs to have an alternate safety trainer.
He asked me why,and I said I'm a realest.
I'm old and I could either retire,or expire anytime.
He just laughed off my comments,and went back to his computer.

As far as the truck it would be ok....But their enigines leave alot to be desired....My big brother buddies hold me up....If I want to run with em I have to stop and pee twice at the top of the hill to even see their headlights....

A CH 600,427 Backed with a 4 spd. triple
eaton with a rear end splitter, is a pretty nice weapon, and of coarse the rite gear ratio.:smilie_132:

I know your pullin it out your a$$ now.....Speed and tunes yea right!!!!! You say 400 cummins like it is good....450 and it is the same engine....And will run the dog out of a 400.....I will stay in my old one til it falls down and dies.....JUST TURN IT UP SO I CAN MAKE MY RUN ON TIME!!!!!!!!!
Some of our radios went out in our sleepers they replaced them with cd player so gt don't tell me i'm pulling this out my a$$. You might not have seen this but down in the south we see more than you will ever see in your neck of the woods.:butt kiss:

A CH 600,427 Backed with a 4 spd. triple
eaton with a rear end splitter, is a pretty nice weapon, and of coarse the rite gear ratio.:smilie_132:

You'll be a shiftin' the whole night. Instead of "cents per mile" it will be "cents per shift"

Some of our radios went out in our sleepers they replaced them with cd player so gt don't tell me i'm pulling this out my a$$. You might not have seen this but down in the south we see more than you will ever see in your neck of the woods.:butt kiss:

Are you mocking me????? Radios being replaced is different then what we will get....Every UPS truck I have looked in don't even have radios...Just plugs in the dash....So is it teams from down south that can haul a$$ and the rest of us get to poke????

Maybe UPS drivers don't have time to listen to a radio?
They always have to be focused on what they are doing.
Unless your hearing good music on radios.
Other programing can be a destraction.

But if you really need a radio we could all just go back to the old radio boxes.
I had two real nice set ups.
With a AM-FM,cassette recorder,and a CB in them.
They take up some room but I always found a place in my cab to bungy cord it down.

I've been driving a city route working on my 44th year as most of you regulars know by now.
And its only been in the last 5 years I've had a radio as part of the equipment in any tractors I've driven.
So as for me I don't see why its an issue?

Are you mocking me????? Radios being replaced is different then what we will get....Every UPS truck I have looked in don't even have radios...Just plugs in the dash....So is it teams from down south that can haul a$$ and the rest of us get to poke????

10-4 on the poke, come on....

Some of your posts of late are really Deep!
Now where did I put my barn boots?

No Ah I mean your post are really going way out there?

Are you having a private joke with Accelerator?

Your not doing a home project sniffing to much glue are you?

Just kidding mine friend,but I just don't get it???

Some of your posts of late are really Deep!
Now where did I put my barn boots?

No Ah I mean your post are really going way out there?

Are you having a private joke with Accelerator?

Your not doing a home project sniffing to much glue are you?

Just kidding mine friend,but I just don't get it???

Not much to get...Just being stupid and having fun...I am tired of all the crap that is going on and just want to make light of things....Don't wanna stop reading because there is some good onfo on here, just don't want to get all caught up in the seriousness...After all it is just a job and not my life....I try to make it that at times but its JUST A JOB!!!!!! So get naked and enjoy.....Come ON!!!!