Central Transport | new trucks

slinky

TB Regular
Credits
i see about 50 new sterlings over there in pittsburgh waiting to get numbers on them . and they are white too . no more pjax blue they tell me . and they also say vitran on them !:smilie_132:

We (Vitran) bought 50 sterlings that central freight backed out of (total trucks 150). I heard that PJAX had also purchased some as well . They aren't bad 450 mercedies,10 speed,Jake brake, A/C,just a plain AM/FM radio,both seats have air ride susp. & most important of all the speed set @ blazing 65 mph W/ the jakes kicking in @ 68 to slow us going down hill even in wet & cold conditions.

We (Vitran) bought 50 sterlings that central freight backed out of (total trucks 150). I heard that PJAX had also purchased some as well . They aren't bad 450 mercedies,10 speed,Jake brake, A/C,just a plain AM/FM radio,both seats have air ride susp. & most important of all the speed set @ blazing 65 mph W/ the jakes kicking in @ 68 to slow us going down hill even in wet & cold conditions.

we are used to the blazing speed part of it . but that would suck for you guys going from 70 to 65 !

It takes a little getting used to but the constant annoying whining , P!$$ing & moaning can not be right for one to bear @ all of the hubs.But you just have to double check your caller I D a lot closer. But really it only adds a couple of min on your drive @ night,& you don't have to be looking out for them their smokies as much!

I still don't think it will be possible to send all VTRN trucks west of IN/OH line & PJAX trks back to the east not enough to offset the balance(blue for white),but who am I kidding we're only drivers with common sense which is lacking @ the managements level @ both companies.

i got assigned a new international this morning . matter of fact im leaving right now to take a stroll down to cincy in my new pjax . i mean vitran truck . :nutkick: