R&L | New Trucks!!!!

awsomewrific

TB Lurker
Credits
Anyone know if there are any new trucks on the way??? A lot of the trucks at our barn are ten years old, with well over a million miles on them!!!:smilie_132:

Anyone know if there are any new trucks on the way??? A lot of the trucks at our barn are ten years old, with well over a million miles on them!!!:smilie_132:

We haven't got any in either, actually they took some of our newer trucks and sent them out west.:smilie_132:

I've been seeing quite a few worn out trucks with new engines in them, I guess they're going to keep 'em a little longer. I thought they would have ordered alot of new trucks before this last emissions deadline.

I've been seeing quite a few worn out trucks with new engines in them, I guess they're going to keep 'em a little longer. I thought they would have ordered alot of new trucks before this last emissions deadline.

I have been seeing the same thing!!!!

This is not good news.... I was hoping the Macks would go away soon. I've got 400,000 on mine... She is getting tired already. The guys with the single axles run better the tandems are dogs

The OLD FORDS the 9000's the last one was 4515 , it looks like it was literally parked somewhere for awhile and then they went through it to make it pass DOT new tires airlines driveshaft etc ,Hell it doesn't even have stack just a down spout Muffler.
I was told by JR :toxic: that they pre bought 700 Macks so they wouldn't have to deal emissions, we got 2 and then they added 4 runs and the next truck they sent good old SMOKEY (4515):hysterical:

I wish they would change over to Freightliners!!:biglaugh:

I've always been a big fan of Freightliner myself. Can't beat the old 120's. Great trucks! I had to run a team truck a couple of months ago. What a junker! I was disappointed big time. It broke down about 15 miles into the run (on a Sunday). The dash was held together with tape. It had less then 486k on it and was ready to be sent back to Mexico. They don't build them like they used to.:sombrero2:

I talked to the head of the fleet a little while ago and he said that the company is going to be ordering some new trucks soon. We also talked about the low emission/low power issue's and he said that they were testing out a new style engine in a new tractor out in wilmington and they were going to make their determination soon as to what to order. I also asked him about internationals and he said switching back to intl's would cost an extra eight grand per unit.

Testing in Wilmington,huh.
Did you realize they tested the macks and loved them. Then sent them to the northeast and everyone complained.
They should start testing units where they'll mostly be used,Ohio results can't compare to Pa. N.Y.,etc...

On a side note,they did ask how to get the Mack running right,just did't like the big dollars it would've cost.

I know what your saying mechanix. A lot of the power issues does have to deal with how the computer is set up. My first tractor at R&L was the slowest in our terminals fleet and also the biggest lemon. One day I drove it's sister truck out of hartford, only one number lower than mine, and that truck would out run any other truck at our terminal (except fot the team truck of course).

I was told they pre bought about 700 but i believe they mostly ended up out WESt

So what kind of truck are they testing? Volvo, KW, Pete's. I also heard that they are testing super single tires.

Thier testing 379's with dual 10" barkers, 22" drop bumpers 18" drop visor with millenium led's all the way around. You get your choice of motor!!! I'll take a 600 horse Cat with a 18 thanks.. Oh yea full fenders for the rear to keep the truck clean when pulling pups!!

Thier testing 379's with dual 10" barkers, 22" drop bumpers 18" drop visor with millenium led's all the way around. You get your choice of motor!!! I'll take a 600 horse Cat with a 18 thanks.. Oh yea full fenders for the rear to keep the truck clean when pulling pups!!
Their "389"s now about the same as the 379s but with a longer hood to fit all the emissions crap,cool looking euro headlamps, and a new visor:1036316054: ....... I'll take mine black with yellow racing stripes and a heated leather oversized seat!!!!!!!!:biglaugh:

I talked to the head of the fleet a little while ago and he said that the company is going to be ordering some new trucks soon. We also talked about the low emission/low power issue's and he said that they were testing out a new style engine in a new tractor out in wilmington and they were going to make their determination soon as to what to order. I also asked him about internationals and he said switching back to intl's would cost an extra eight grand per unit.
So whats the new truck a mack??????