R&L | New Trucks!!!!

Duck, What kind of truck do you drive???:1036316054:
A green farm truck!!!!
No fords or macks on the yard YET... We did have about half a dozen fords about five years ago.. Those got replaced with IH power most were pieced together junk wrecks,mechanical failure, and we think one of them got to close to a campfire:hysterical: !!! I prefer the single axles with the new ISX motors after all the bugs are worked out of them(just wish they had air ride) or a old ford with the pump turned up:1036316054: ...

I don't mind the Macks. It's just the little 330 that's under the hood. It makes for a long ride up a 3 mile 8% grade everynight. If it's mpg that they are worried about, they're going the wrong route. The Macks are geared too high, and the longer wheel base combined with the absecne of any kind of areo package create too much drag. I ran a Freightliner with a 500 in it before I worked here and it got a little over 3mpg better then these little 330's. I've been around the trucking industry all my life. Sometimes I just have to wonder what is going through thier heads.

We just got 25 new Macks in our yard...well new to the company. Heard they have the ISX 660 in them. 600hp but all are supposed to be shipped out west.

Just noticed a few new trucks (Internationl) sitting in the yard at the ATL term. looks as if they're waiting on somebody to throw some RL green paint on 'em...

They are really going all out with the rebuilt trucks, saw one the other night with a new engine and trans, new seat, floormat, inside door panels, painted the frame and rear suspension, and new mudflaps and 1/4 fenders. This was not a wreck repair it had gone to WIL for engine work and came back all polished up. It seems like alot to put into a 10 year old truck. Is it that much of a savings instead of buying new?

"rebuilt" truck, $30,000 verses $70,000 for new.
Also most of the truck manufactureres arn't dumb either,why increase production when you can get carriers bidding over trucks and time table for deliveries. Also rushed assembly line means sloppy messy trucks,,, and some are bad enough as it is.

"rebuilt" truck, $30,000 verses $70,000 for new.
Also most of the truck manufactureres arn't dumb either,why increase production when you can get carriers bidding over trucks and time table for deliveries. Also rushed assembly line means sloppy messy trucks,,, and some are bad enough as it is.
I do have to say that R&L does a good job in the "PM" department!!! They may pull bad but what do you expect when the HP is turned back..Some of the trucks look rough but I think that comes from driver abuse... Take the trash out, sweep the ashes out and keep the windows clean:1036316054: .......

:1036316054: Also they can get around emmissions by rebuilding old trucks instead of buying new. A lot of companies are going this way.
I also agree with taking the trash out and sweeping the inside out for the next guy.

Drivers Cleaning up after themselfs? That is one of my frustrations.

Chew my gum, use my gloves, eat my pretzles then leave crums on the floor for me in the morning. Gee thanks pal....

Drivers Cleaning up after themselfs? That is one of my frustrations.

Chew my gum, use my gloves, eat my pretzles then leave crums on the floor for me in the morning. Gee thanks pal....
Take the gum with you,fill the gloves with grease and buy a new pair, and leave the guy stale pretzles that should cure the bum!!!!:hysterical: