R&L | New Trucks!!!!

Sure those aren't the trucks from that company we bought not too long ago? Sunshine Express or something like that wasn't it?

I know we've got 4-5 of those yellow ones here, along with a couple of Pro Express Freightliners.
All of them are down at the shop, getting gone over and new paint jobs.

Just had a Ford towed into our shop for our spare truck. Looks a little rough around the edges.... Hopefully mine won't breakdown anytime soon....
Seems like everytime we send a Ford out of town it comes back on a hook.

I've been seeing a lot of OLD vans being used for line line-haul to ,I think it is a combination of the Cali expansion and not wanting to be Guinea Pigs for the 2007 motors ,hopefully soon they can catch up the equipment to buisness level

Sure those aren't the trucks from that company we bought not too long ago? Sunshine Express or something like that wasn't it?

I know we've got 4-5 of those yellow ones here, along with a couple of Pro Express Freightliners.
All of them are down at the shop, getting gone over and new paint jobs.

They may be, I didn't look real close at them.

Yeah I pulled an old swing door 48 the other night that looked like it had been sitting for for a while because after I got all the tires aired up I noticed the tag had expired last year.:smilie_132:

I've been seeing a lot of OLD vans being used for line line-haul to ,I think it is a combination of the Cali expansion and not wanting to be Guinea Pigs for the 2007 motors ,hopefully soon they can catch up the equipment to buisness level

I hope thats the reason we haven't seen any new trucks for awhile. Three of the barns I'm close to don't even have any PS or PT series trucks.

What are they running? The CH Series Macks or The Old internationals ,I hope not the old Fords although they run well they will rattle you apart with the ride not to mention cab noise .

They've got the old Internationals, some have gotten new engines in them though. We got two Fords now (a Sterling and an Aeromax) and they are in pretty sad shape.

Wonder why they are sticking with 48's instead of going to 53 footers?
They have some 53 foot swing doors for full truckloads. I hthink they stick with 48's because they know there would be more accidents in all the tight spots we have to get in the city..I hope they stick with 48's..

We have a few 53's at my barn. They are used for the drop & hook and bulk accounts. Every so often I'll pull one home from Norwalk. Normally it's just a 48 though. I'm starting to see more 48's on the road at night. They must be running more pups out west for the triples.

New Trucks

Well we got some new (used) internationals at the shop this week. But if it's anything like the last batch they'll be painted, numbered PT800 series and shipped to the west. Like all the other good trucks.

They have some 53 foot swing doors for full truckloads. I hthink they stick with 48's because they know there would be more accidents in all the tight spots we have to get in the city..I hope they stick with 48's..

Most of the residentials I have I can't get within 2 miles of with a 48'.

In order to do my run with a 48' you have slide your fifth wheel, AND the trailer axles all the way up, and you still can't get in to half the places you half to get into. Nothing like unloading stuff in the middle of the road, thanks to center turn lanes.

You must run a single axle? If I slide my fifth wheel any more forward say goodbye to my mud flaps. I really don't want that to happen.