New Penn | new trucks

nightowl

TB Veteran
PREMIUM
Credits
went to nashville this weekend and passed a brand new twin screw on 81 getting off the exit near the volvo plant in wytheville va. when i passed the plant you could see a bunch of green new penn trucks setting in the lot. guess they will be here shortly..

well, ya'll can take it for whatever it's worth.. all i know is i seen a bunch of new penn trucks at the volvo plant and they looked new to me. the one i passed on 81 still had the stack in the cab of the truck.

no this was actually on the way down. i was driving so i wasn't drinking yet. couldn't believe it myself when i saw the one driving on 81 then i rememered that was where the plant was and then passed the plant and saw the rest of the trucks.

well, ya'll can take it for whatever it's worth.. all i know is i seen a bunch of new penn trucks at the volvo plant and they looked new to me. the one i passed on 81 still had the stack in the cab of the truck.

There have been other reports from other YRC affiliate terminals~~~~they have been seeing new trucks ~~~especially roadway twin screws, Volvo started delivering them the day after the vote count

no. can't make pittsburgh. went to dallas for the game in december then to nashville, i need to take it easy for awhile. we did have a blast though. went to music row fri. night all the bars were about 90% ravens fans.. i couldn' believe the turnout.

I also heard 50 new screws they are having problems with running legal with the 53 foot trailers screws will fix the problem.

not when they have new penn on them

Funny ... all the other new trucks we have got went to Scranton to have signage and numbers applied. Why now would NP have the Volvo factory apply decals ?
I have yet to see any new tandem tractors in the system that everyone is talking about. We do need them however !

Funny ... all the other new trucks we have got went to Scranton to have signage and numbers applied. Why now would NP have the Volvo factory apply decals ?
I have yet to see any new tandem tractors in the system that everyone is talking about. We do need them however !

whatever, believe what you want. you guys would argue over whether the sun is going to rise. i know what i saw and thats all i can say. i'm done.......

Not just another story, I work for yellow & live in pa. just off 81, I saw too aa bunch of new trucks being piggy-backed headed north bound for who knows where.And yes they did say newpenn on them. The owner of yrc says thanks boys for takin a cut in pay so i can buy some new trucks.

Not just another story, I work for yellow & live in pa. just off 81, I saw too aa bunch of new trucks being piggy-backed headed north bound for who knows where.And yes they did say newpenn on them. The owner of yrc says thanks boys for takin a cut in pay so i can buy some new trucks.

Then we should be seeing those new tractors in either Camp Hill or Scranton this week. So, has anybody actually seen them at any terminal ?
Skibum .... Thanks for helping us get those new tractors with YOUR pay cut !

my question now is,did npme buy them like we have done in the past,or are they leased like yrcw thinks is the answer to all there debt problems. sell paid for propertys for much needed cash and than lease them back. has this moron bussines philosophy been pushed on us,or are we still allowed to purchase our revnue produceing assets with our own profits?

my question now is,did npme buy them like we have done in the past,or are they leased like yrcw thinks is the answer to all there debt problems. sell paid for propertys for much needed cash and than lease them back. has this moron bussines philosophy been pushed on us,or are we still allowed to purchase our revnue produceing assets with our own profits?

Great question about the leasing. I'll do my snooping around see if I can find out.
By the way..This is how F'd up YRC is..They not only take all our profits (which since they own the company they are entitled to do) but they also charge a 3.2 or 3.5 % right off our P&L (profit loss) statement. So if we are shown with an operating ratio of say 95. Thats because 3.5 is in yrc hands. So it should really be a 91.5...
When Arnold owned us it was 1.5% and roadway was 2%.....but they didnt take all the profits either.

while your snooping np107, maybe you know now,but my question is, what is the exact status of what used to be our paid for well maintaned terminals? barring the obvious, were owned by yrcw, i heard they were remorgaged last june to pay off roadway note that was due.in reading some yrcw news lately about ungrades and downgrades of yrcw,there was a statement that roadway had no outstanding debt and down grade didnt apply to them. could it be we just have to pay off our remortgaged terminals again? heard the figure 200mil. if that be the case, npme could be worth someone buying ,when that day comes around. remember npme paided off the note to roadway a year early.if any company could do it you know it;s this company we work for.