Estes | New Trucks?

The ones I have seen are brand new 2013 freightliner with 425 Cummins isx motors. They are the big cabs not the short nose trucks like other ltl guys are getting. They use Def and have power windows and power mirrors as well as an upgraded seat from the Internationals. Junior said they will mostly be going to the triple lanes and the lanes with mountains to climb.

Yeah, I guess they will keep the NE,SW and the SE in sh!t boxes....

A friend of mine sells truck parts and has been in the business for years. A lot of his customers with the cummins ISX motors are dumping them also, a lot of egr problems. One of his customers bought 4 Cascadia glider kits and put the older big cam cummins out of their sterlings in them. Another customer bought 6 cascadias from a company in Nashville that specializes in building gliders, and they have detroits in them. I heard the ones that estes is using are the same as in the 8100's, no egr or twin turbos.

Anything would beat those maxi motors. Who ever designed those motors need their ass whooped.
58811-half-horse-power.gif

Look if it was'nt for this sorry ass Government we all have we all would be hauling those hills with screaming motors I bet.

This government doesn't have a thing to do with all thses electronic logs new engines or all these new D.O.T. laws,this is bull**** all these trucking companies have been kicking down the road for years,now the powers that be say comply or be fined.But if helps ya sleep at night flyinby,go ahead and blame the government.[/B]

Got a KW picture but too stupid to post. Somebody send me ur email in a PM and ill send it to you to post.

If they are shorter, it's not by much. The fairing is larger, and there is a DEF tank on the frame, which could make it look a bit shorter.

1F551BF1-0208-4B26-BE3F-CF7089DE6580-259-00000034904EA7CE_zps3bdc58b3.jpg

Over here at AVERITT we went from the ISX15 425's in our sleepers to the PATHETIC ISX15 400's. The 425's pull big loads like they aren't even there. The 400's just plain suck. The new day cabs run 375's in the Volvo's and 350 hp ISX12's in the Cascadia. FUEL mileage is the name of the game now! I have a 13 ProStar with the PATHETIC 400, this past week ran a LTL shuttle load from DAL Tx to Tifton Ga ...29k load averaged 8 MPG. BTW your new trucks do look sharp!

We got a new one sitting at our barn. That thing looked like it ought to have "mildew" in big bold letters on the drivers door. That's right! I'd exchange my wife for it