Estes | New Trucks?

What happened to that automatic maxxforce you drove?

You call that POS a truck.. That thing stays in the shop more than on the road.. The damn thing has 257K miles on it and it's 2 1/2 years old..I guess that's why they want to trade them back in, and nothing would make me happier...LOL

Hell I want me a Ford to drive again, that is a swell truck, runs like a tank going down the road, maybe I could see if we got any of those around still.

I know the choo choo terminal don't have any new trucks. They still have trucks with the sliding rear window and the fan on the dash running schedules.

That window and fan is my A/C. LOL. Though it does not stop the heat coming from the engine comp.

I also heard in 010 that the KW's couldnt be turned down to 67. KW wanted those trucks to stay at 85mph...maybe that was a bad rumor who knows

Last week, I saw a brand new estes truck(volvo daycab) pulling 3 or 4 other brand new estes trucks(volvo daycabs), going up I-57 NB, between marion,il and mt vernon,il.

Last week, I saw a brand new estes truck(volvo daycab) pulling 3 or 4 other brand new estes trucks(volvo daycabs), going up I-57 NB, between marion,il and mt vernon,il.

Yeah, those new trucks don't run well south of Memphis, West of Atlanta and East of Dallas down here.... I have a Maxi-Pad new one.. Or it's new by mileage standards.. It's going on 3 years old, has 257,000 miles on it and stays in the shop....

I just get whatever runs every night nowadays and hope I make it back home....

Yeah, those new trucks don't run well south of Memphis, West of Atlanta and East of Dallas down here.... I have a Maxi-Pad new one.. Or it's new by mileage standards.. It's going on 3 years old, has 257,000 miles on it and stays in the shop....

I just get whatever runs every night nowadays and hope I make it back home....

Crete has had so many problems with maxxforce engines. Another company I was with briefly had 2 prostars w/maxxforce engines that blew up in the same week.

Another company owner I spoke to, got rid of his prostar maxxforce trucks before the warranty was up because the out of pocket cost was 6k per EGR replacement. :nono_h4h:
Not enough testing of that engine before it hit the market, I would say.

Don't get me wrong, I'll take a prostar style daycab over the older stuff anyday for my backs sake; long as it cranks and runs.

Crete has had so many problems with maxxforce engines. Another company I was with briefly had 2 prostars w/maxxforce engines that blew up in the same week.

Another company owner I spoke to, got rid of his prostar maxxforce trucks before the warranty was up because the out of pocket cost was 6k per EGR replacement. :nono_h4h:
Not enough testing of that engine before it hit the market, I would say.

Don't get me wrong, I'll take a prostar style daycab over the older stuff anyday for my backs sake; long as it cranks and runs.

That engine was not put through research and development long enough.. Farmall bought the prototype from Caterpillar and put it on the street.. No time on the track at all... There nothing wrong with the ProStar at all, it's a nice truck by todays standards....

Been seeing a wide variety on the road lately. We have 4 new KW's at our terminal. Saw a new Volvo going up towards Columbus the other day, been seeing a lot of freightliner Columbia series single axles, are these new tractors or are these all glider kits?