Central Transport | New Trucks?

biglarry28

TB Lurker
Credits
Rumor going around that we are leasing a bunch of new Freightliners due to all the problems with the Intertrashinals. Anyone else hearing anything?

noticed last fall newsletter mentioned fuel purchases also noted DEF fluid, obviously going towards '12 or '13 trucks, but have not hear another word

posting mobile today, sitting in break room waiting on run to be ready, booooooooooring

I drive one, nothing but problems, 350k and replaced EGR Cooler on top of engine twice, aux cooler in front of radiator once, most of the heater hoses, check engine light goes out 1 day out of 5, air ride dump valve once, hvac fan speed control once, a/c recharged once, ect. i spent a lot of time driving the older navistar, and by the way these new ones run, would give my left leg for an old 300 big cam cummins compared to these new ones.

i wish they would break the knuckles of the first 100 guys who drill holes to mount Sirius Radios and Cell Phones!!!!!!!!!!

I avoid all the new 311 and 313 series unless there is nothing else to drive, I stick with the 1600 series and they must be good since my regular truck (which I've been driving for 3 years) is the first one grabbed by line haul when one of theirs is out of service, haven't had my good old girl since about thanksgiving sure do miss her, of course every tom dick and harry is getting her and from what I've seen destroying her.

do the same to my 311 truck. people razz me about my inspections and repairs, but sure as heck it is the first one grabbed when they need another truck. to bad it comes back with their trash inside. friday i got it back and looked like someone sneezed on the steering wheel and speedo cluster,,,,,,,,,,,, no freaking manners anymore

do the same to my 311 truck. people razz me about my inspections and repairs, but sure as heck it is the first one grabbed when they need another truck. to bad it comes back with their trash inside. friday i got it back and looked like someone sneezed on the steering wheel and speedo cluster,,,,,,,,,,,, no freaking manners anymore

suprised they did'nt drop a deuce on the floor. lol.

or setting us up for a buyout. as things stand right now, what pluses are their in owning us? we have terminals, and the employees to support them, but we have no major accounts that nobody else hauls for too, and a whole train (no pun intended RT) load of problems.

or setting us up for a buyout. as things stand right now, what pluses are their in owning us? we have terminals, and the employees to support them, but we have no major accounts that nobody else hauls for too, and a whole train (no pun intended RT) load of problems.

that maybe why they don't address the vacation situation.