Central Transport | New Trucks?

like i wrote before, their is no Vitran issue with vacations, it is at your place and your TM. i have taken a couple 3 day weekends, another used 2 of his 4 weeks, others have taken a day here and there..............no issues getting it signed off

if your TM will not answer you, i suggest you call HR

like i wrote before, their is no Vitran issue with vacations, it is at your place and your TM. i have taken a couple 3 day weekends, another used 2 of his 4 weeks, others have taken a day here and there..............no issues getting it signed off

if your TM will not answer you, i suggest you call HR

i know there's no problem taking them, it's just corporate did'nt send the forms like in years past. my t.m. had to pass out day off request forms because corp did'nt send anything.

we are using same forms as last year, guess i don't understand why "corporate" has to send you forms. my TM got an email just after the 1st with our vacation and pto days coming and we went from there

we are using same forms as last year, guess i don't understand why "corporate" has to send you forms. my TM got an email just after the 1st with our vacation and pto days coming and we went from there

since you put it that way, i guess. this is the 1st year corp did'nt and we did'nt get a straight answer on this matter. that's all. actually, i'm filling them out today and turning it in this week.

I see they finally woke up and started plating some of our new trucks for 80,000 lbs. cause they got tired of paying the fines. Now if they would only turn them up so we don't get run over on the turnpike by people on mopeds.

I see they finally woke up and started plating some of our new trucks for 80,000 lbs. cause they got tired of paying the fines. Now if they would only turn them up so we don't get run over on the turnpike by people on mopeds.

last i knew canada was 100kph, same as 62mph, dont know if that is the reason or not

We have guys that can't keep a 62 MPH truck on the road and you want them to go faster:smile:
I really dont mind 62 that much just let me do 62 up a hill with 35000lbs

We have guys that can't keep a 62 MPH truck on the road and you want them to go faster:smile:
I really dont mind 62 that much just let me do 62 up a hill with 35000lbs

I understand what your saying about the pulling power up a hill. The turnpike speed limit is 70 mph and most of the interstates are 65 mph, so I would settle for a happy medium of 68 mph just to keep from getting run over. This is a safety issue when you have a truck going 61 in a 70 zone.

I understand what your saying about the pulling power up a hill. The turnpike speed limit is 70 mph and most of the interstates are 65 mph, so I would settle for a happy medium of 68 mph just to keep from getting run over. This is a safety issue when you have a truck going 61 in a 70 zone.

never been to california huh? trucks 55 cars 70 (more like 75 or 80) i liked the weather, leaving here at 30 below and get up 65 in napa valley when i got there, but that dammed speed limit was a joke with a truck setup for 65.

they keep them governed for liability issues in the event something happens. the trucks get used both in city and linehaul so they keep them down across the board.

that is how they got the 306### tractors (the ones where the bumper is out 6 inches from hood) those were bought at auction, old rollins leasing trucks. we had one that was an old ryder truck, white outside but interior was still that yucky gold yellow

I drive one, nothing but problems, 350k and replaced EGR Cooler on top of engine twice, aux cooler in front of radiator once, most of the heater hoses, check engine light goes out 1 day out of 5, air ride dump valve once, hvac fan speed control once, a/c recharged once, ect. i spent a lot of time driving the older navistar, and by the way these new ones run, would give my left leg for an old 300 big cam cummins compared to these new ones.

I remember when PJAX bought about 100 brand new Mack E7's 350 8LL's, think it was about 1997. Those were nice tractors back in the day, still my fav of all time.

mack never had the name for being nice trucks, they were started as work trucks and that is what they do best. cramped, noisy, not very good hvac or radios,,,,, but hit a good hill and i have outrun 435 cats with an old 300 maxi 7 speed in a dump truck. when volvo bought mack trucks the word was volvo was going to be the OTR side, and mack the vocational, guest their just was to many followers for them to take the ch macks to the boneyard