TForce | new trucks

got the news this week 700 new trucks were ordered, all brown.

I wonder now if all the new prostars we have will be sent to maaco for a brown paint job? Talk about confusing customers. Tractor-UPGF, trailer 1-OVNT, trailer 2-MTR Cargo, now add the all brown and they'll wonder why package is pulling our junk around.

I was in a meeting with Jack Holmes all brown uniforms where mentioned for freight.Iit would not surprise me if trucks were changed to all brown.

Hopefully Volvos. I dont care for the Internationals, even the new ones. Seriously, made in 2010 and no air bag dump or jake brake in most of them?

The new trucks are probably already hard wired for all the telematics sensors. Engineers have been in the last month putting in the wiring and antennas so big brother can watch and listen to every second of your day. Welcome to Brown.

Why can't they just leave the two tone colors? I like the color combo. A couple weeks ago, I went to the gas station and I had my wind breaker on with the two tone colors and the attendant actually asked if there was a way to purchase one of them jackets cuz he liked it so much..
Weird.....

The new trucks are probably already hard wired for all the telematics sensors. Engineers have been in the last month putting in the wiring and antennas so big brother can watch and listen to every second of your day. Welcome to Brown.

Sensors are already making their way in. Our terminal is getting them right now, I know of 4 trucks that them installed and I drove one of 'em yesterday. their is nothing to them, it just hooks to the ecm I guess and another wire for the seatbelt which isn't hooked up cuz the seatbelts are not wired for it.
I talked to one of the mechanics friday and he was telling me all about it and how it's installed, very easy and quick......

I was going to take a picture of it and post it on here, but I forgot. I do in fact have a copy of what the report looks like.....

Painting any vehicle with one color is always a lot cheaper than two colors.
Which do you think UPS wants to go for,the cheaper one color,or the two tone?

UPS is what they are globally,for being penny pinchers,so do the math my friends you know they will do what is best for the company.