R&L | New Trucks

nobodysboy

here to inform not to conform.
Credits
It's apparent the Texas tax incentive has R+L bringing a bunch of new trucks in to Texas. I was supposed to get one but have gotten cold feet. I drove one but just don't have that desire to make a change until I am forced to. The automatic transmission is something I am just not comfortable with but I guess I could get use to if I have to. I have also noticed a HUGE uptick in 53 ft roll up doors coming in to our yard lately also. The company really needed to do something about the SF trailer situation. Those dang swing doors are junk and in need of major door repairs. On top of noticing one caught my new trailer the other day. Bummer. Those new lift gate trailers are nice especially the way it keeps heavy pallets level both up and down. Let's face it R+L gets alot of use out of the lift gate trailer.

If your still full of **** and vinegar, and balls to the walls then they take alot to get used too. But once you do used to it they will spoil you. They absolutley SUCK for linehauling, (which is what I do)ProStar daycab. They pull a grossed out set of pups better than a super light load. And if you got a light load and go to pass Fedex Freight or OD, depending on direction of wind, when their tractor meets your dolly they push wind between the pups and the tractor slows down (no balls) and there you sit till somebody gives up. If I did city I would begg for one. Linehaul....they are stressfull to drive around interstate traffic but comfortable to ride in. And they are AWESOME in snow, intown and on the interstate! And its no tax thing on why new trucks are being pass out. They are coming in waves over the next year and a half or so.

We are still waiting for new city tractors up here. Newest city tractor is a 2006. We were told the top 3 of us would get new tractors last July but that came and went. Meanwhile we have gotten a boatload of new linehaul tractors being used by the newest drivers we have and being destroyed by them too. Very frustrating.

We are still waiting for new city tractors up here. Newest city tractor is a 2006. We were told the top 3 of us would get new tractors last July but that came and went. Meanwhile we have gotten a boatload of new linehaul tractors being used by the newest drivers we have and being destroyed by them too. Very frustrating.

same has gone on here in Dallas. Newest people driving newest trucks. Mine was downed today so I am in a 3 axle Pete which apparently was assigned to me without my knowledge. It's a great truck but definitely not my city unit. Comfortable. Quiet Quiet Quiet. Smooth. Hopefully they get some single axles in and I will keep this one clean until then. I'll be fine just won't look like super trucker backing in to tight spots anymore. Company has bought some good equipment.

My city Single was replaced with a new International Twin about 2 Months ago , about the only complaint i have about it is the Automatic Transmission the highest gear you can take off in is 3rd and sucks pulling out in the City it just takes to much time to get moving! I must admit though the more i drive it the more it grows on me LOL

My city Single was replaced with a new International Twin about 2 Months ago , about the only complaint i have about it is the Automatic Transmission the highest gear you can take off in is 3rd and sucks pulling out in the City it just takes to much time to get moving! I must admit though the more i drive it the more it grows on me LOL

I have to agree. The more I drive it the more I like it.

had a delivery to the one customer that pups have to be cautious driving in to today. Had that van up on the right side grass and slid it in to the left gate like it was meant to be. I'm feeling much better about this unit now. Slid 5th wheel full forward and Tandems on trailer all the way up. If I can do it all of you can too. Take a chance guys. It's not as bad as you think. Good Luck!!

I too got my old single replaced with an International twin. I like it a lot.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/qf3vqxviajdi4so/12507405_10208237788732466_5413096818178267347_n.jpg?dl=0

It does look good. I like the chrome lug nut covers and front hub insert. I will do the front wheels here shortly but I like my black hubs on the rear. Those polished aluminum wheels are really nice. It has given me a lot more pride driving through my area, But again some guys keep them clean....and some don't. Enjoy your new ride. Trailer looks good too.

Thanks guys. As you know from my old Freightshaker, I take pride in my ride. This makes it a lot easier. As for the Bose seats, I hated the 1st generation seats but these new Intertrashionals have the next gen seats and I love it. The next gen seats have a selector switch that gives you a choice between soft, medium or firm ride. I have done a quick polish of the tanks since that pic was taken and I bought a new CB, something I haven't done in many years.

Last edited:
You a Day and Ross driver? If so I want to take this opportunity to thank you for our partnership. R+L and Day and Ross work well together. Hope all is well for you.
Thank you! I am a Day & Ross driver. Linehaul LTL from Toronto to Vancouver and back. I frequently carry freight for R+L, usually bound for SEA or BUF.

You have my thanks for our partnership as well.

Thank you! I am a Day & Ross driver. Linehaul LTL from Toronto to Vancouver and back. I frequently carry freight for R+L, usually bound for SEA or BUF.

You have my thanks for our partnership as well.
You and any of your coworkers are welcome on our page any time.