SAIA | New Trucks

NadaTrucker

TB Lurker
Credits
Getting to be about the time new trucks start showing up. Need any info (not rumors) you've got. Peterbuilts? Twin screws? Let's hear it! Pictures also if possible.

The new trucks are Freightliner Cascadias. Couldn't tell you anything about specs. Only one I saw was a tester in ATL. I "looked" ok. Only checked out the interior for 15 seconds, after that I'd say I prefer the Volvo. That opinion could change.

before they were branded

R3ahOiX.jpg

R3ahOiX.jpg

R3ahOiX.jpg

kVdL5My.jpg

Doesn't ride nearly as good as the Volvo.... shifts really rough, has a little more room on the inside, but not nearly the power that the Volvos have. Has automatic transmission and a pretty decent engine brake. engine is the dd15. 12 speed automatic tranny

GLK has all new 2017 volvos.. they're the same as the 2016 but they have a newer vnomics system that loads a lot faster..

Somebody on Facebook said fon was getting 10 freightliners that would make sense fon a nd nsh are the Guinea pig terminals they use to test all this new stuff

I like the headlights on those Evolutions. I'm curious as to why Saia chooses the VNM over the VNL. Before looking into it I thought the VNM was an older version of VNL come to find out they are '17's. I like where the cruise controls are on the volvo but love the placement of cupholders on cascadias

I like the headlights on those Evolutions. I'm curious as to why Saia chooses the VNM over the VNL. Before looking into it I thought the VNM was an older version of VNL come to find out they are '17's. I like where the cruise controls are on the volvo but love the placement of cupholders on cascadias

There are some older 2007-08 VNL's in the fleet that were bought used from Knight Transportation. I personally like the look of the VNM better.

What other ltl's are you guys able to pass on the road? I wanna get a good idea of what I'm getting myself into...lol