SAIA | New Trucks

Per Employee Manual

Serious Accidents or Serious Rule Violations

Serious preventable accidents or safety rule violations that do not fall into the category of major may subject the driver to
a minimum one -day suspension and retraining. Two serious accidents or safety rule violations in a 36-month period may
subject the driver to termination.

The following are some examples:

Equipment uncouple/dropped trailer; 
Pulling away from a dock without verifying that it is safe to do so; 
Operating on a public street or highway with trailer door open; 
Not properly parking/setting the brakes which results in a roll-a-way; 
Rear end accident; 
Using a communication device while operating a commercial motor vehicle; 
An accident resulting from evasive action to avoid a rear end collision.

ACCIDENT REPORTING RESPONSIBILITY

An accident is defined as any event that causes any physical change in appearance to our equipment or any other property.
Driver Responsibility:
 Ensure that all persons obtain any necessary immediate medical care and the area is secured.
 Report the accident immediately to the terminal, dispatch, or Safety by calling the Safety number on the back of every employee badge, 1-800-580-4632.
 Report the accident to local Police Department if instructed by the terminal or dispatch.
 Complete the Accident Report Kit that shall be located in the vehicle. Completed report shall be submitted to the terminal or dispatch upon arrival at the terminal.
Failure to report an accident to Saia may result in the driver’s termination.

ACCIDENT REPORTING RESPONSIBILITY

An accident is defined as any event that causes any physical change in appearance to our equipment or any other property.
Driver Responsibility:
 Ensure that all persons obtain any necessary immediate medical care and the area is secured.
 Report the accident immediately to the terminal, dispatch, or Safety by calling the Safety number on the back of every employee badge, 1-800-580-4632.
 Report the accident to local Police Department if instructed by the terminal or dispatch.
 Complete the Accident Report Kit that shall be located in the vehicle. Completed report shall be submitted to the terminal or dispatch upon arrival at the terminal.
Failure to report an accident to Saia may result in the driver’s termination.
He didn't follow policy. He's done.

Per Employee Manual

Serious Accidents or Serious Rule Violations

Serious preventable accidents or safety rule violations that do not fall into the category of major may subject the driver to
a minimum one -day suspension and retraining. Two serious accidents or safety rule violations in a 36-month period may
subject the driver to termination.

The following are some examples:

Equipment uncouple/dropped trailer; 
Pulling away from a dock without verifying that it is safe to do so; 
Operating on a public street or highway with trailer door open; 
Not properly parking/setting the brakes which results in a roll-a-way; 
Rear end accident; 
Using a communication device while operating a commercial motor vehicle; 
An accident resulting from evasive action to avoid a rear end collision.

I have a real problem with the last one. I will always take evasive actions to avoid a rear end collision.

The new trucks are Freightliner Cascadias. Couldn't tell you anything about specs. Only one I saw was a tester in ATL. I "looked" ok. Only checked out the interior for 15 seconds, after that I'd say I prefer the Volvo. That opinion could change.
before they were branded

R3ahOiX.jpg

R3ahOiX.jpg

R3ahOiX.jpg

kVdL5My.jpg