XPO | New Uniforms, Do you have them? I don't and most others don't either.

My question is this.
If XPO cut sales staff, that leaves a person on the other end of a phone call to sell the brand name and the service. In my opinion, the drivers are the best salesmen for a company. Sure, the drivers can't set the rate, but they can surely sell quality by their own behavior and projecting the right image to the customers, because believe it or not, the average driver DOES occasionally come in contact with the decision makers at the customer. So how impressive is it when a XPO driver walks in to a customer with a black XPO jacket on, an old blue Conway uniform on, and pulled in the driveway with an old beat up Sterling, pulling a damn off-colored rental trailer?

Good grief, the XPO operation looks like a rag-tag operation nowadays.......similar to the ragged out junk that Roadway, Yeller, and Holland are all swapping with each other.
And they wonder why others are kicking their asses.
:6817:
Leadership. Culture. - This has been talked about over and over again. Leadership is missing and the culture is not good. I'm saying this and I work overtime everyday , have a decent run , and a new tractor.

Communication is lacking ( we don't all get on Facebook or subscribe to XPO's YouTube channel ) A lot of drivers and office staff have been waiting for upper management to focus on the good people and practices we have and shake out the bad apples. I know this doesn't happen overnight but there's no sign of it happening at all.

Most of these LTLs have an ageing workforce and show no signs of trying to transition new drivers ( good drivers with a good work ethic ) into their operations. Why would anyone that has a life and a good work ethic want to get involved in this? It will take attention to details like uniforms , benefits ( healthcare , retirement , pay ) and how management treats employees.

At my location we may loose 2 to 4 decent drivers SOON. Hardworking , intelligent younger guys. We will be left with the scraps and rejects from other companies creating a chain reaction at my location as other good people retire or move on leaving only lazy , shiftless , good-for-nothing sorry drivers. ( at my terminal loosing 2 - 4 get-it-done , do-it-the-right-way drivers would be tough )

My point is , yeah , uniforms are way down on the list of important items that XPO Logistics needs to address but , it's one more thing added to the pile on the camel's back.

My point is , yeah , uniforms are way down on the list of important items that XPO Logistics needs to address [/QUOTE]
I strongly disagree last time Conway gave me pants they fit and what's up with the shirts from XPO they only come in one size?
IUtbccf.jpg

My point is , yeah , uniforms are way down on the list of important items that XPO Logistics needs to address
I strongly disagree last time Conway gave me pants they fit and what's up with the shirts from XPO they only come in one size?
IUtbccf.jpg
[/QUOTE]
If there was communication , BETTER communication , most of us are grown and can handle being told information that we may not want to hear ( XPO Logistics underestimated how many drivers needed uniforms and was overwhelmed by all the details involved in ordering SO many or it turns out that it's MUCH more complicated than slappin' a sticker on 50,000 pieces of equipment in a week to rebrand ) You get the idea - explain to the rest of the workforce what's going on - most of us are grown , WE CAN HANDLE THE TRUTH.

As far as your uniforms fitting or not , I hope you are being sarcastic ( if so , that's funny :idunno:) Nobody's ever said anything but employees have always been responsible for saying something about how well their uniforms fit - who else would know better than YOU if your shirt and pants fit or not?

I know it would cost a few extra bucks(one time expense), but I don't see why the personnel supervisor wouldn't have a shirt in every size in his office when a uniform change happens or a new hire comes on. try one on until you find the size that fits, sorta thing. Then you get it right for every guy, every time. I was 2x in cwx shirts. Then I ordered 2x in Conway shirts and that was too small and now needed 3x shirts. I think they switched uniform companies for the "conway freight" rebranding and the sizes were different for everybody which resulted in them delaying the full uniform rollout for months if I recall correctly. Now we order the xpo jackets and I order a 3x based on the fit of the Conway jackets and the 3x xpo is too small. Now I'm a 4x in the xpo jackets.

Hopefully there's no size issue/delay with the xpo shirts

I know it would cost a few extra bucks(one time expense), but I don't see why the personnel supervisor wouldn't have a shirt in every size in his office when a uniform change happens or a new hire comes on. try one on until you find the size that fits, sorta thing. Then you get it right for every guy, every time. I was 2x in cwx shirts. Then I ordered 2x in Conway shirts and that was too small and now needed 3x shirts. I think they switched uniform companies for the "conway freight" rebranding and the sizes were different for everybody which resulted in them delaying the full uniform rollout for months if I recall correctly. Now we order the xpo jackets and I order a 3x based on the fit of the Conway jackets and the 3x xpo is too small. Now I'm a 4x in the xpo jackets.

Welcome to the world of off shore sizing. At least a size too small.

The uniforms are supposed to be same as conway just different color. Shouldn't be to complicated. They might be waiting to see how many people get canned or quit before they buy new uniforms.

My question is this.
If XPO cut sales staff, that leaves a person on the other end of a phone call to sell the brand name and the service. In my opinion, the drivers are the best salesmen for a company. Sure, the drivers can't set the rate, but they can surely sell quality by their own behavior and projecting the right image to the customers, because believe it or not, the average driver DOES occasionally come in contact with the decision makers at the customer. So how impressive is it when a XPO driver walks in to a customer with a black XPO jacket on, an old blue Conway uniform on, and pulled in the driveway with an old beat up Sterling, pulling a damn off-colored rental trailer?
We still look better then the other guys in worn out jeans and ratty t-shirts.

I was 2x in cwx shirts. Then I ordered 2x in Conway shirts and that was too small and now needed 3x shirts. Now we order the xpo jackets and I order a 3x based on the fit of the Conway jackets and the 3x xpo is too small. Now I'm a 4x in the xpo jackets.

It sounds like you are blaming XPO and the shirt vendor for your little "growth spurt". Take less trips to the buffet and shirt sizes will get lower. Problem solved.
:biglaugh:

Just pokin' a little fun at ya.
:1036316054:

They could care less if you were naked as long as the freight was picked up and delivered on time with no damage, that Ken and Barbie routine does not impress them as much as you would think!!!
When I walk on to a dock, they don't ask me who I'm with. They just point to my bills and freight. I look better then the guy in a ripped and stained t-shirt. The uniforms are provided free to me. What are the advantages of wearing worn out jeans and torn up shirts?

Was told a couple months ago by the personnel manager here in the south west that xpo is trying to find the cheapest alternative uniform company before they give us uniforms. You can still order Con-way replacement pieces if they get torn up.

these uniforms we have now are the worst fitting clothes ever with the stretch waistbands, no crotch room and shirts that won't stay buttoned

Kinda sounds like you need to go up a size or two, driver.

Was told a couple months ago by the personnel manager here in the south west that xpo is trying to find the cheapest alternative uniform company before they give us uniforms.

First time I've heard that one- everything I've seen has said it's the same company, just different colors and embroidery.