XPO | New uniforms?

looksstock

TB Lurker
Credits
Has any one herd anything or seen any photos of what the new uniforms will be. They mentioned it in one of our videos a couple months ago and haven't heard anything since then.

Has any one herd anything or seen any photos of what the new uniforms will be. They mentioned it in one of our videos a couple months ago and haven't heard anything since then.
They said they were going to do it on the video, but that it wasn't a priority. One thing you don't have to worry about is a shirt that looks worse than the shirt we use now. :hide:

The new uniforms need to be "filtered" down through the VPs, RMs, and the SCMs first. As Beerfd said, they are not a priority. So, based on the survey, which was John The Savior's priority, it could be years.

The new uniforms need to be "filtered" down through the VPs, RMs, and the SCMs first. As Beerfd said, they are not a priority. So, based on the survey, which was John The Savior's priority, it could be years.
Maybe they're using the surveys to make the new uniform shirts and that's why we haven't seen neither one..:biglaugh:

They couldn't figure out how to get the P & G ads on the trailers, so, the new uniforms will each have a small replica of a P & G ad on the back. Each shirt will have a different product displayed and every driver will be issued one of each. A different ad, for each day of the week. (Don't spread this around, they don't want it out to the public yet):roll1:

Zippers!...Shux!...I was hoping they would opt for spandex...:biglaugh:

Rat

PS...this is my suggestion for a new recruitment poster...:shift:

Could you see some of our drivers in spandex, not a good thought. Plus think of the safety conserns if a fat boy bends over and has a blow out.

Could you see some of our drivers in spandex, not a good thought. Plus think of the safety conserns if a fat boy bends over and has a blow out.

1332844907_21eafd047a_o.jpg

How does this one look ?

here are some points to ponder...

the company will probably align all three regions into one program. I believe right now Central has paid laundry service and Southern has not. What could be the incentive for Central to give up their laundry service? Whatever the end result, cost-cutting will be a priority.

If you goggle employee uniforms you'll find an interesting connection between the look and quality of the uniform and employee moral. Here is where the employee survey results may be a factor in the announced upcoming changes.

The most successful programs actually have the uniform as part of a recruiting tool... people see the uniform and want to wear it.

I believe our current and previous designs are/were based on a narrow focus on just needing a uniform, as the definition suggests, "to be uniformed". By this they can control what an employee may not wear.

Now that we are all wearing I.D. badges, is there the need to have our first name embroidered onto a patch that gives the appearance of gas station attendant from 1975? Why not authorize an alternative uniform shirt(s) that can be purchased through the company website? If it was attractive to the employee.

Here's the biggy... my uniform shirt is cheap and cheesy by modern standards. Just compare the design of our company's racing garments to those of our standard issue uniforms. Now if you created a uniform that employees wanted to wear, and this design was available as items to purchase such as kids clothes, hats, or T-Shirts, that in themselves became attractive garments that the general public would pay to wear, how much of an impact would this make for your advertising dollar? When Central wore the white shirts we were recognized as a uniformed professional, in the same ranks as Fire Fighters and EMTs. Now we resemble any average factory worker or gas station flunky. I do not wear my uniform shirt except when being paid (required) to wear it.

So why not combine the company uniform with the advertising department and give us a look to be proud of and allow us to advertise our company? So where does an advertising dollar make a bigger impact? As a backdrop to an NFL news conference or in each of our communities as we conduct ourselves out in the public eye on our own time with our families? I had purchased matching jackets for my in-laws years ago with the old safety point program. They loved the coats and the attractiveness of the design itself is why they still wear the old CCX Safety logo.

the company will probably align all three regions into one program. I believe right now Central has paid laundry service and Southern has not. What could be the incentive for Central to give up their laundry service? Whatever the end result, cost-cutting will be a priority.

If you goggle employee uniforms you'll find an interesting connection between the look and quality of the uniform and employee moral. Here is where the employee survey results may be a factor in the announced upcoming changes.

The most successful programs actually have the uniform as part of a recruiting tool... people see the uniform and want to wear it.

I believe our current and previous designs are/were based on a narrow focus on just needing a uniform, as the definition suggests, "to be uniformed". By this they can control what an employee may not wear.

Now that we are all wearing I.D. badges, is there the need to have our first name embroidered onto a patch that gives the appearance of gas station attendant from 1975? Why not authorize an alternative uniform shirt(s) that can be purchased through the company website? If it was attractive to the employee.

Here's the biggy... my uniform shirt is cheap and cheesy by modern standards. Just compare the design of our company's racing garments to those of our standard issue uniforms. Now if you created a uniform that employees wanted to wear, and this design was available as items to purchase such as kids clothes, hats, or T-Shirts, that in themselves became attractive garments that the general public would pay to wear, how much of an impact would this make for your advertising dollar? When Central wore the white shirts we were recognized as a uniformed professional, in the same ranks as Fire Fighters and EMTs. Now we resemble any average factory worker or gas station flunky. I do not wear my uniform shirt except when being paid (required) to wear it.

Wow, the company should cater to what you want to wear and not consider the cost. Makes perfect sense. You can give up another 5% to pay for your new uniform.

I can't believe that a truck driver flunky can make fun of "average factory worker or gas station flunky". Pretty high opinion of yourself or is it a pretty low opinion you have of others. Maybe you should jump off that high horse and join the ranks of who you are. All for one and one for all. Remember that?

Wow, the company should cater to what you want to wear and not consider the cost. Makes perfect sense. You can give up another 5% to pay for your new uniform.

I can't believe that a truck driver flunky can make fun of "average factory worker or gas station flunky". Pretty high opinion of yourself or is it a pretty low opinion you have of others. Maybe you should jump off that high horse and join the ranks of who you are. All for one and one for all. Remember that?

"the company will probably align all three regions into one program. I believe right now Central has paid laundry service and Southern has not. What could be the incentive for Central to give up their laundry service? Whatever the end result, cost-cutting will be a priority."

I guess the first line of my post fell within the dividing line on your bifocals? Or, are we to just pull out portions of an opinion and respond accordingly?

... All for one and one for all. Remember that?

so, you would compare us to common thieves with the responsibility to rob from the rich and give to the poor? Or, are you suggesting we are just a band of merry men?

so, your opinion of our current unifrom would be ???

So why not combine the company uniform with the advertising department and give us a look to be proud of and allow us to advertise our company? So where does an advertising dollar make a bigger impact? As a backdrop to an NFL news conference or in each of our communities as we conduct ourselves out in the public eye on our own time with our families? I had purchased matching jackets for my in-laws years ago with the old safety point program. They loved the coats and the attractiveness of the design itself is why they still wear the old CCX Safety logo.

Merdock has some valid points....

I wanted to wear the CCX whites...I don't give a damn about the blues...they are too generic...no individuality...and I am not so sure that was not the intent. I believe the blues were the invention of Dave M....from the Southern region...another misguided decision.

I was proud of the "Service Excellence" patches we carried in the old CCX division...it distinguished us from our competitors. IIRC the reason for their demise was to not belittle those with less seniority than those who had more...a rather pathetic excuse.

My position has always been and always will be if you want to be a cut above your competition then act like it. And we used to do that. If you want to be the premier carrier to work for then put forth the effort to sustain that mindset...we need to look the part before playing the part...after all it is all about perception.

And Merdock is right on another point...morale has a lot to do with how we look. If you want generic results then look generic as we currently appear. This goes hand in hand with the appearance of our equipment...and the maintenance of same...which has been seriously lacking in the last year. You want us to be proud of the brand then give something to drive and pull that I am proud of. The current line-up of junk does nothing to foment that level of pride.

Con-Way under the tutelage of Johnny Dangerously has fallen way short of what they should be considering what they want.

Rat

"the company will probably align all three regions into one program. I believe right now Central has paid laundry service and Southern has not. What could be the incentive for Central to give up their laundry service? Whatever the end result, cost-cutting will be a priority."

I guess the first line of my post fell within the dividing line on your bifocals? Or, are we to just pull out portions of an opinion and respond accordingly?

so, you would compare us to common thieves with the responsibility to rob from the rich and give to the poor? Or, are you suggesting we are just a band of merry men?

so, your opinion of our current unifrom would be ???

Wow, one extreme to another. We have prisons to take care of the bad element in this world. I do not compare thieves, murders, rapist and so on as one for all and all for one. These people like you have little respect for others and what they have. I do agree that you can't lump everyone into the same category and I have opinions of people that fail to do the right thing in order to better themselves. The difference between you and I is that I don't look down on people just because of the job they have. The guy that cleans the toilet that I just used is probably just as good a person as me or better just less fortunate. If by chance I catch my garbage man, on occasion I have brought him out something to drink on a hot day and my wife has even made him cookies for Christmas. Am I a better person them him, no. Do I look down my nose at him, no. Treat people the way you want to be treated. Sometimes you get disappointed but most of the time you will be rewarded with a smile.

My opinion of our uniforms? Does it matter? Probably not. I do not care for them but I wear them in honor of the company. If they want to dress us up like Bozo the clown to advertise their business I can either do it or look for another job. I do not think that white is a good idea since white gets dirtier than any other color and when you are walking around in public, a dirty uniform looks bad no matter what color it is. So white shows it all. The darker the better. Solid color would be more my idea of presentable but I don't make the decisions.

So be nice to others, work with the company and try to keep a positive outlook. I am not saying everyone can be positive all the time but it is worth a try.

From a low life, flunky truck driver.