XPO | New uniforms?

For as many uniforms as this company is going to buy (or rent), they could afford to have a top fashion designer make us look really good.

So what would be the options as in a designer ... what company or label of clothing would make you go wow ? .. I have not really given it much thought on who or what kind but I am sure we could hypathetically come up with some decent ideas ...

So what would be the options as in a designer ... what company or label of clothing would make you go wow ? .. I have not really given it much thought on who or what kind but I am sure we could hypathetically come up with some decent ideas ...

I'm not into designer labels, but the company could have uniforms designed to make us look really good, with the Con-Way name on them.

I like the FedEx design, but the colors are ugly.

I'm not into designer labels, but the company could have uniforms designed to make us look really good, with the Con-Way name on them.

I like the FedEx design, but the colors are ugly.

I would like to look good in my uniform but mostly I would like them to be comfortable. If they want to dress me up like bozo the clown, that's their choice. I would like something comparable to what I wear on the weekends. Soft and comfortable. Not itchy, scratchy.

I really have not paid to much attention to what others wear but if I have a vote, I would like a solid color shirt.

I would like to look good in my uniform but mostly I would like them to be comfortable. If they want to dress me up like bozo the clown, that's their choice. I would like something comparable to what I wear on the weekends. Soft and comfortable. Not itchy, scratchy.

I really have not paid to much attention to what others wear but if I have a vote, I would like a solid color shirt.

I like to be comfortable too, but I'll pass on the Bozo (and the current Con-Way) look. What's wrong with comfort and good looks? Oh, wait...they don't come cheap!

Ok score is tied ... fourth quarter is done ... no overtime is permitted .... I am the commissioner here ...

But WAIT!!! I've much to add! Post game commentary.

Somebody fibbed....just a little.......

....or more. Depends how you look at it.

I like to be comfortable too, but I'll pass on the Bozo (and the current Con-Way) look. What's wrong with comfort and good looks? Oh, wait...they don't come cheap!

Nothing wrong with comfort and good looks. Just saying, if I had to make a choice, comfort would be at the top of the list.

I thought bozo was the current con-way look?

City Drivers Only

I personally think it's a waste of money for night time linehaul to wear a uniform, whose going to see us at 3am on the dock. Other than that I just hope it has a pocket on the shirt.

I personally think it's a waste of money for night time linehaul to wear a uniform, whose going to see us at 3am on the dock. Other than that I just hope it has a pocket on the shirt.

One of my favorite things to do at 7AM, in uniform, was to walk into a bar after work and say "Bartender, pour me a double. I gotta haul a load to Chicago and my head is not right......and don't go far with that bottle."

These are a few of my fav-or-ight things....

One of my favorite things to do at 7AM, in uniform, was to walk into a bar after work and say "Bartender, pour me a double. I gotta haul a load to Chicago and my head is not right......and don't go far with that bottle."

:biglaugh: Damn, the bars open early in Ohio, huh? Or is it they never close?

i guess there was pleny of room to park your set......

Gotta be careful not to park it where morning drunks are going to block you in with their cars over the next few hours. I hate having to call L/H to explain that. - But they always understand.

Well, sometimes night linehaul drivers are in public dropping and picking freight. Personally I like having a uniform. If it gets trashed by some ugly freight whether it be leaking and making a mess of my uniform or some ugly freight tore my uniform, it will be replaced by the company at no cost to me. How about that damn grease that always shows up out of no where? Love being able to get rid of that nasty shirt for another. I just can't see anybody not being happy about not having to spend their own money on clothes. When I first started here we did not have uniforms and although I came to work clean and ready for work, some guys showed up looking like we just picked them up off of skid row. Now, that is not a good image for a company and they only way they could cure that problem was to supply uniforms. They used to have them cleaned also. I always took mine home anyway and washed them myself. Didn't like the crusty feeling coming back from the uniform company.

Nothing wrong with comfort and good looks. Just saying, if I had to make a choice, comfort would be at the top of the list.

I thought bozo was the current con-way look?

How about this for a winter shirt: heavyweight cotton, warm and comfortable.

Barbarian Rugby Wear >stock catalogue >cotton shirts >collegiate series >stk 114.

For summer, just a medium blue golf shirt.

How about this for a winter shirt: heavyweight cotton, warm and comfortable.

Barbarian Rugby Wear >stock catalogue >cotton shirts >collegiate series >stk 114.

For summer, just a medium blue golf shirt.

I really don't look good in something that follows my curves. Now don't get all excited, I have outer curves where I should have inner curves and vise versa.

I don't think you are going to get winter/summer uniforms out of the company. I would like an option to be able to buy a warmer shirt for winter or summer. They should supply you with a uniform and I would like to see the option of purchasing your own if you would like to.

I really don't look good in something that follows my curves. Now don't get all excited, I have outer curves where I should have inner curves and vise versa.

I don't think you are going to get winter/summer uniforms out of the company. I would like an option to be able to buy a warmer shirt for winter or summer. They should supply you with a uniform and I would like to see the option of purchasing your own if you would like to.

I could go for that. They gave us that option at Southern a few years ago, and a bunch of us bought the optional shirts.

Well, sometimes night linehaul drivers are in public dropping and picking freight. Personally I like having a uniform. If it gets trashed by some ugly freight whether it be leaking and making a mess of my uniform or some ugly freight tore my uniform, it will be replaced by the company at no cost to me. How about that damn grease that always shows up out of no where? Love being able to get rid of that nasty shirt for another. I just can't see anybody not being happy about not having to spend their own money on clothes. When I first started here we did not have uniforms and although I came to work clean and ready for work, some guys showed up looking like we just picked them up off of skid row. Now, that is not a good image for a company and they only way they could cure that problem was to supply uniforms. They used to have them cleaned also. I always took mine home anyway and washed them myself. Didn't like the crusty feeling coming back from the uniform company.

Touche':Duel: