TForce | New Union

Dirtball said:
American Public Works Association
Just remember what ever you folks decide to do (and good luck with YOUR choice) and who ever yous decide to go with.They CAN NOT give you anything that the company doesn't negotiate .Anyone can offer you the world but if the company doesn't sit down and work it out with them you don't get it.Afterall the companys actually pay for the insurance packages.

Go home!!!! Selling us a car with no engine that runs great>>>>, sounds like a sales pitch to me!!!! I would much rather bet my lifes earnings on established corruption than potential corruption. With no leverage.

kycougar said:
You no a lot of the negATIVE COMMENTS FROM SOME OF YOU ALMOST SOUND LIKE A UNION MEMBER TALKLING. Sheesh men lets get a grip and look at all the possabilitys for one does it not make more sence to have two people fighting for your then one. Sure makes sence to me but hey I`m just a truck driver with over twenty eight years with the old Overnite brand. I for one think that the APWA would do a better job for one thing it is for UPS employees only. Just a thought Have a greta day all.

What do you think, we aren't looking at all the possibilities? I've read what's on the apwa's website, I see what their all about. Why do we have to get a grip? Why is my thinking wrong? You need to realize that some people need some security, rather than hearing promises. I can't really understand some of your post, like the part about the two people fighting. Please clarify

Well to start with the APWA officers or not in there for life thay can be voted out just like they can be voted in.And also they will be held accountable for there actions by the people not there own officers. That is why I think that the APWA would make a better union for use if it came down between our locals and the apwa.

Steve5 I ment no offence to anyone by my comments on getting a grip just got the impression that some of use where thinking with our well founded emotions instead of our brains. What I ment about two people fighting was only meant metaphoricaly speaking,to clarify my remark was to the effect if you have two powers fighting to get you then you have a better chance of getting the best out of them both.

browser321 said:
Don't know where you got your info, but APWA is out of Raleigh, NC. Also, the IBT has only started talks with UPSF at one terminal, in Indy.If the APWA can get a good foot hold, like the IBT did, without help from the more nefarious organizations and a little time they also could be a good union like the IBT was 30 years ago(cause it's not like that now). The APWA is also gaining support from the brown side too, although the brotherhood doesn't want to acknowledge that. Also you can check with the brown drivers down south that are not having their medical bills paid. Some drivers can retire now under the IBT(with 30) but if they wait till they're 62 the retirement amount goes down, and if they wait till 65 it goes down again, LOOK IT UP! I've got 11 years till 65 and it seems to me that the more that's paid in is the more you should get.

This whole thing about retirement you speak of is on the parcel side. You talk as if it will automatically be what we get if represented by teamsters. We will have our own contract and I have faith in our fellow employees in Indy to make sure our retirement is up to par.

kycougar said:
Well to start with the APWA officers or not in there for life thay can be voted out just like they can be voted in.And also they will be held accountable for there actions by the people not there own officers. That is why I think that the APWA would make a better union for use if it came down between our locals and the apwa.

The officers will be in there for the first 5 years to make everything goes smooth.

kycougar said:
Steve5 I ment no offence to anyone by my comments on getting a grip just got the impression that some of use where thinking with our well founded emotions instead of our brains. What I ment about two people fighting was only meant metaphoricaly speaking,to clarify my remark was to the effect if you have two powers fighting to get you then you have a better chance of getting the best out of them both.

I really don't think that the apwa will be a factor.

It will more than likley be Teamster or non-union. JMO

Read post #6 & #7. The APWA has not negotiated a freight or package contract. Have they ever? So what does that tell you?

gater said:
Read post #6 & #7. The APWA has not negotiated a freight or package contract. Have they ever? So what does that tell you?
It equates to a guy walking into a fight promoters office and announcing that he wants to fight for the heavyweight championship of the world.......the promoter tells him he's never heard of him and asks him how many fights has he fought.....the guy says none.......the promoter tells him to get the hell out.....same thing.

I would like to hear from an APWA member that has a contract and that has been represented by the APWA. What has the APWA done for you. How have they made your life better with wages and health benefits? I would would like to hear from a APWA member that has recently retired. How are your pension benefits and how are your health benefits after retirement? I don't expect to hear from anyone!!!

kycougar said:
Ky, what do you think and who do you think the APWA based there bylaws on? Try the IBT!! The membership votes them in and out. If I was to make a sugestion, get some of the employees of your terminal together and ask to sit down with a BA or Rep from your local IBT office. Become educated!! Don't get second hand advice or here say. Our terminal has reached out to the IBT as well as the APWA. We are total IBT. It was a no brainer. It's the difference between a Lincoln and a Geo Metro!!

stldude44 said:
It equates to a guy walking into a fight promoters office and announcing that he wants to fight for the heavyweight championship of the world.......the promoter tells him he's never heard of him and asks him how many fights has he fought.....the guy says none.......the promoter tells him to get the hell out.....same thing.

ah wise one... how many great football players never played college ball, just walked on to a field for a try out and made the team... sometimes you can walk into a good thing all you need is the right coaching..

kycougar said:
Well to start with the APWA officers or not in there for life thay can be voted out just like they can be voted in.
That's funny .... Teamster members are voting on our representation right now. So, your wrong on that point, so we do and can vote our leaders in and out ... at the national level and the local level.
Get your information straight !

flstc2000 said:
That's funny .... Teamster members are voting on our representation right now. So, your wrong on that point, so we do and can vote our leaders in and out ... at the national level and the local level.
Get your information straight !

get yours straight also.. even your own brothers say "hoffa's coruption runs so deep he will get the vote again even if the ballots say different.. coruption, coruption, coruption:punk:

Accelerator said:
No leverage = no barganing power, and what makes you think that the apwa will or wont eventually be as corrupt as the teamsters. Teamsters = leverage. These people are doing nothing more than selling you a car with no engine that runs great.... tHE KEY WORD," SELLING". The teamsters are already in the co. andf have the bargaining experiance!!!!!

These people can offer you no more of a better pention than the teamster's can.
accelerator I'd like to have a good pension when I retire in hopefully 20 years. I don't trust the teamsters with my money. I've read too much about Central States! This is a serious matter with some of your retirements,and it doesn't seem to bother you at all!! Maybe the APWA can't offer you a better pension, but a safer more substantial one!!

southerngrits said:
get yours straight also.. even your own brothers say "hoffa's coruption runs so deep he will get the vote again even if the ballots say different.. coruption, coruption, coruption:punk:
My facts are straight ! My comment reflected that we as Teamsters can vote for our elected officials.
As for your comment that "corruption runs so deep", I can only say that politics are the same no matter if it's union politics or our government. Mudslinging and lies will be at the forefront of any campaign in today's world. Choose to believe who you want, but my choice is to be a Teamster first, and vote my choice. Do you have that option in your workplace ? :smillie_flag:

They Have 3

the information i have is they got 2 terminals with 100% and 1 with 64% and 1 hub at 53% but the hub does not want to be the first to go,but soon they will have anuff smaller terminals to get on board...

And thats from the apwa president and vice president that i spoke with my self...

bulldog425 said:
accelerator I'd like to have a good pension when I retire in hopefully 20 years. I don't trust the teamsters with my money. I've read too much about Central States! This is a serious matter with some of your retirements,and it doesn't seem to bother you at all!! Maybe the APWA can't offer you a better pension, but a safer more substantial one!!
First bulldog425 when we were "O" our pension was underfunded. Currently FDX is underfunded. I can go on about underfunded companies both union and non-union. Recently the President of the U.S. just past legislation regarding these underfunded pensions. This will help keep these funds from vanishing and from being underfunded. As for the Central States, they are slowly making head way and are expected to recover over several years if they continue to contribute and bring in new membership. I find it strange that the IBT would want to organize a central state terminal with all the bad press the fund has gotten. Yet here we are with a terminal that has almost unanamously chosen the IBT over the company.

Foose said:
the information i have is they got 2 terminals with 100% and 1 with 64% and 1 hub at 53% but the hub does not want to be the first to go,but soon they will have anuff smaller terminals to get on board...

And thats from the apwa president and vice president that i spoke with my self...
LOL! If that was true they'd be all over here talking about it.....why no press? That'd be in the news.

The APWA's address is in Raleigh NC.
They also have an office in Washington DC.

I think they only have two guys that are UPS drivers running this organization.

But they also have a lawyer thats in DC.
There registered as a non-profit in Delaware.

I'd like to know how many members they currently represent?

I also found out the lawyer they have has wrote books against unions.

There doesn't seem to be to much other information I can find out about this organization?