TForce | New Union

kycougar said:
Well to start with the APWA officers or not in there for life thay can be voted out just like they can be voted in.And also they will be held accountable for there actions by the people not there own officers. That is why I think that the APWA would make a better union for use if it came down between our locals and the apwa.

question #1 how many jobs does the apwa represent
question #2 i have not seen one post referring to a job represented by the apwa so who elected these guys
are the electors just guys like you and i that are just "scattered" members without a contract?:wounded1:

bulldog425 said:
Well hugnlug I don't know about you but I can't get much information from the ups drivers I see on the road. Most won't wave or even look at you when you're passing them going the same direction, let alone talk to you!! I've actually talked to about 10 and at least 8 of them said "stay away from the IBT"!! When you talk to members and they say this, what am I supposed to think??? One buster brown said all they do is collect your dues, and do nothing for you, but spend it like there's no end to it on conventions in Vegas and Atlantic City!!??
" stay away from the IBT" what a statement from brown package guys who makes $27 per hour plus great medical and pension bennies
you should have asked him why he is staying on the job if it is soooooooooo terrible
many people would envy his position:Bazzoka-Cow:

big steve said:
" stay away from the IBT" what a statement from brown package guys who makes $27 per hour plus great medical and pension bennies
you should have asked him why he is staying on the job if it is soooooooooo terrible
If you are talking to someone on the CB radio, who is to say that person is an actual UPS employee ?
The CB radio is NOT the place to gain information that is correct and precise.

You union pushers say UPS won't give us time and a half or any of the other things we want unless the mighty teamsters makes them. Well, we will see on our next raise. IF they haven't corrected the sick leave and stand by and break down pay structure then maybe they deserve us going teamsters.

But I'm holding judgment till after the next pay raise and benefit package.

I feel our benefits are great just need to correct delay and sick leave.

The first of the year is just around the corner.

Just remember, without a "CONTRACT" they can take away ANYTHING-- ANYTIME !!!!!!!!!!! mustache retired Roadway

big steve said:
question #1 how many jobs does the apwa represent
question #2 i have not seen one post referring to a job represented by the apwa so who elected these guys
are the electors just guys like you and i that are just "scattered" members without a contract?:wounded1:
Answer #1 None
Answer #2 No one elected these "guys". They are couple of S C A B S out of the Carolina's who said for a $150 donation, you can be a top dawg in the APWA too. They represent no one. They want us to decertify then there union busting lawyer will be sure that we have a vote for the APWA to represent us. These guys are a bunch of low done dirty scum. If your unhappy with certain things, get involved, not out. Im willing to bet these two S C A B S have a hidden agenda that involves busting the Union at UPS and UPSF. In return , UPS has probably promised them a cushy salary position after it's done

mustache said:
Just remember, without a "CONTRACT" they can take away ANYTHING-- ANYTIME !!!!!!!!!!! mustache retired Roadway
Check the Con-Way thread if you do't think they will take anything they want anytime they want.

Old we know they can take anything away anytime they want. Just look at PIE, CF,Time DC,System 99,Transcon,I can go on and on and on. You're right that teamsters contract really helped them and many,many others didn't it.

Freightman, this just proves that you can drag a horse to water, but you can't make em drink!!!!!! Mustache Retired Roadway

big steve said:
I couldn't agree with you more, but this guy got out of his big brown truck and actually came up to me and said this! This suprised me because like I said before, ups drivers won't look or wave at us upsf drivers, let alone talk to us!

bulldog425 said:
I couldn't agree with you more, but this guy got out of his big brown truck and actually came up to me and said this! This suprised me because like I said before, ups drivers won't look or wave at us upsf drivers, let alone talk to us!
I'd wave at ya brother. I'm always waving and flashing my markers at UPSFers. Talk to them on the radio whenever thay respond. I'll walk the line with ya too bro, if it comes down to it.

I always get along with the regular parcel drivers I see on my route.
I joke around with them,and they feel good talking to me.
Some want us to get in the Teamsters,these are mostly the older drivers.

But there are a few younger drivers that say your better off without being unionized.

Those drivers like the money,but not the forced overtime,also many rules that the union has no control over.
Other than those points they don't even like talking about the union.

Thats ok with me,I can talk about anything.
Usualy we joke about how we got to hurry up because we work for UPS.

Apostolic said:
But there are a few younger drivers that say your better off without being unionized.
Those drivers like the money,but not the forced overtime,also many rules that the union has no control over.

As with all youth, it sounds like the young guys you talk to are only concerned with money. I know I wasn't thinking about pensions in my 20's the same way I do now. They still think that it's so many years away it isn't worth worrying about.....30 or so years seems like an eternity to them now.....but guess what? The clock keeps ticking and someday they'll realize the errors of their youthful thinking, as we all did.
I'd like to inquire about the "many rules that the Union has no control over"........I don't know how they do it in NY, but where I'm from everything has been negotiated....I'm really curious as to what the Companies control up there that they don't here.

You got me stldude44?

I know the parcel drivers that think we'er better without the union are drivers that started part time dock working their way up.

After a lot of years their at a lower rate still concidered part timers.
They really don't like discussing the union.

They tell me about how hard it is,and that it takes a long time to get up to fultime.
They have to wait for a route to open up,and have the senority to bid into it.

They say they can't take anytime off during holidays,also they have to jump around doing fill ins on routes.

I think they'er doing the best they can,but don't care for the way the UPS system works.

Whenever I see these drivers they are filling in on a route,so I don't get to know them very well,and get bits,and pieces of information with the short time I see them.

The older drivers I meet have regular routes,and seem to be happy with their life as Teamster drivers.

I guess it just comes down to how you feel about your present place in your working life.

Apostolic said:
You got me stldude44?

I know the parcel drivers that think we'er better without the union are drivers that started part time dock working their way up.

After a lot of years their at a lower rate still concidered part timers.
They really don't like discussing the union.

They tell me about how hard it is,and that it takes a long time to get up to fultime.
They have to wait for a route to open up,and have the senority to bid into it.

They say they can't take anytime off during holidays,also they have to jump around doing fill ins on routes.

I think they'er doing the best they can,but don't care for the way the UPS system works.

Whenever I see these drivers they are filling in on a route,so I don't get to know them very well,and get bits,and pieces of information with the short time I see them.

The older drivers I meet have regular routes,and seem to be happy with their life as Teamster drivers.

I guess it just comes down to how you feel about your present place in your working life.

Its called going by seniority....It is only fair to pay your dues and not just be a good suck butt....I have heard this before and most of the ones I have listened to just think they are better or should not have to wait their turn...There are a few guys that think they should be able to bid the good runs just because or that we shouldn't have to bid. Just who ever shows up as their ten comes up they should get to go....Same goes with trucks.....Time served has to stand for something, right?

krash said:
I'd wave at ya brother. I'm always waving and flashing my markers at UPSFers. Talk to them on the radio whenever thay respond. I'll walk the line with ya too bro, if it comes down to it.
Thanks krash, if all upsers were like you, all of us upsfers could get alot more information!

Skeeter said:
You union pushers say UPS won't give us time and a half or any of the other things we want unless the mighty teamsters makes them. Well, we will see on our next raise. IF they haven't corrected the sick leave and stand by and break down pay structure then maybe they deserve us going teamsters.

But I'm holding judgment till after the next pay raise and benefit package.

I feel our benefits are great just need to correct delay and sick leave.

The first of the year is just around the corner.

Skeet,
We may not get very much at all. Most companies that are having to go through a contract like UPS with Indy will wait until that contract is finished before giving out anything. They will not want to give anything unless they negotiate it. If they give it to us non-union, then they will have to automatically give it up in the Indy contract. We will probably have to wait until the contract is settled in Indy to see many improvements in the sick pay and etc.

stldude44 said:
As with all youth, it sounds like the young guys you talk to are only concerned with money. I know I wasn't thinking about pensions in my 20's the same way I do now. They still think that it's so many years away it isn't worth worrying about.....30 or so years seems like an eternity to them now.....but guess what? The clock keeps ticking and someday they'll realize the errors of their youthful thinking, as we all did.
I'd like to inquire about the "many rules that the Union has no control over"........I don't know how they do it in NY, but where I'm from everything has been negotiated....I'm really curious as to what the Companies control up there that they don't here.
Boy, You are so right. Had I thought about pensions when I was younger, I would be retired now at the age of 46.