TForce | New Union

Come on Johnnybegood,get real.
What little birdy where you talking too?
It wasn't a buzzered was it?

Are you at liberty to disclose your real source,or are you just throwing numbers around?

Maybe you should give yourself a pinch,to wake up out of your dream.

You know I'm just messing with you,but I would like something more down to earth to hold onto.

Reguardless of whether or not you like or dislike the APWA, the fact still remains that if join the APWA the comapny will still have you divided from your union brothers at UPS. It would seem to me that the only logical choice to make would be to join the teamsters and enjoy the power of one union. As I understand it would be the same contract but it would be the same union fighting for all of you. Tha t is a powerful thing. I work at Central States Coca Cola Bottling in STL when I was there We had three unions represented there and it didn't work very well. We had the Bottle Cappers, Teamsters, and the Machinists. Now they have only two Teamsters and Machinists. and from every indication it seems to be a great improvement. There is alot more solidarity and Unity there now than before . Just try to keep that in mind . that is going to be the key to getting good wages and benefits is being able to stay together,and fight as one.

Big Meeting Conway. Anybody see what happened to the Conway's? Lost Sick Days, No more Pension after Dec. 31, 06. Pension froze for everybody else, what they would get today if they retired today, is what they will get when they retire, NO MORE MONEY PAID INTO "THERE" PENSION FUND after Dec. 31, 06. This CameFrom Conway.s Board.

need to get their head out of the air, not impressed with the sidestep of the apwa. so folks who is going to back the apwa"s pension fund? remember if your one of the guys that is retireing in two years are they still giveing you 7000 for retirement? do a reality check. WHO is really backing them.

mustache said:
Big Meeting Conway. Anybody see what happened to the Conway's? Lost Sick Days, No more Pension after Dec. 31, 06. Pension froze for everybody else, what they would get today if they retired today, is what they will get when they retire, NO MORE MONEY PAID INTO "THERE" PENSION FUND after Dec. 31, 06. This CameFrom Conway.s Board.
SOUNDS LIKE TROUBLE

UPS FREIGHT workers lost

1. Allowed Owner Op. To Pull Our Freight(doubles Included) When We Have Employees Sitting At Home
2.when Company Is Only Hireing Part Time Employees (dock) No Chance To Be Full Time. This Gives The Company Ample Opp. In The Future To Cancel Benifits Such As Health And Pension.
3. (5)paid Sick Days -- You Can Only Use 1 Sickday Per Illness. You Should Be Able To Use Them At Youe Discretion
4.loss Of Wages The Part Time Empl. Have Lost 4$ Per Hour
More Tocome So Get Ready

LOCAL776 said:
need to get their head out of the air, not impressed with the sidestep of the apwa. so folks who is going to back the apwa"s pension fund? remember if your one of the guys that is retireing in two years are they still giveing you 7000 for retirement? do a reality check. WHO is really backing them.
This is a misrepresentation of the APWA's pension declarations. Money doesn't grow on trees, thus the $7,000 amount is what a new hire could enjoy with a 30yr and out. Please read their page PENSION DECLARATIONS And keep in mind that these declarations were written specifically for the Brown side members who were previously in a Teamsters plan. As a division of APWA, with your own contract, the people at UPSF could choose to join the pension plan set up by APWA as written on their website, or you could choose to continue the 401K program you are currently in. APWA leadership will not arm twist you folks into joining their pension. The choice is up to you.

nospinzone said:
This is a misrepresentation of the APWA's pension declarations. Money doesn't grow on trees, thus the $7,000 amount is what a new hire could enjoy with a 30yr and out. Please read their page PENSION DECLARATIONS And keep in mind that these declarations were written specifically for the Brown side members who were previously in a Teamsters plan. As a division of APWA, with your own contract, the people at UPSF could choose to join the pension plan set up by APWA as written on their website, or you could choose to continue the 401K program you are currently in. APWA leadership will not arm twist you folks into joining their pension. The choice is up to you.
I believe a new hire in the teamsters could get 3,700 with a 30year & out. 3,700 won't be worth much 30 years from now. I'm sure you will need atleast 7,000 per month!

BusterNite said:
I would like to hear from an APWA member that has a contract and that has been represented by the APWA. What has the APWA done for you. How have they made your life better with wages and health benefits? I would would like to hear from a APWA member that has recently retired. How are your pension benefits and how are your health benefits after retirement? I don't expect to hear from anyone!!!
Buster, you ask questions to which, I presume, you already know the answer. Since APWA was formed two years ago, they have no history to which your questions can be addressed. You can't overlook the lack of a track record. Past performance is always the best indicator of future performance. In this situation, you should approach this as if purchasing stock in an IPO. Ask Van and Danny the detailed questions. How are they going to manage the pension? How will health benefits change after retirement? A lot of this stuff is defined on the website, but as you point out, details need to be explained, which will require you to pick up the phone or speak with them at a meeting.

Looking at the past performance of the IBT is possible though. Pension performance--declining payouts and funded liability across the nation with a few exceptions. If you read the August, 2006 Independent Special Counsel report which describes Central States performance, a 10 year IRS extension and increased employer contributions are the only thing keeping CS from a statutory funding deficiency---for the near term. Health insurance--decreased coverage with increased premiums. Baptist Medical Center (Wake Forest Univ/Bowman Gray Medical College) in Winston-Salem, NC began refusing to accept the CS insurance a while back. Contract enforcement--increasing time to resolving grievances. Teamsters are responsible for servicing not only UPS contracts, but also the slew of other companies that distracts from the attention they could be giving you. I’ve pointed out the negative Teamster points. My bias and the bad taste they have put in my mouth preclude me from being positive about the Teamsters. These are indicators of most recent performance, not to discredit the good they did 10 and 20 years ago. Should you vote in the upcoming November elections based on how President Nixon or Ford performed or how the current administration is performing?

If there are specifics you would like to discuss here, point them out. Goals and clearly defined plans to achieve those goals are how challengers win government elections against incumbents every year. These goals and plans and how they allign with you and your co-workers priorities should be the benchmark you use to make your decisions.

I did, but I'm in parcel. I believe APWA is the best options for both brown and blue because of the direct accountability they have written in the charter, and as a result of this, we can move the union in the direction that is best for us---UPS employees. I think this would work great for the Blue side as well for the same reasons. However, this is your decision. I hope you guys just find some alternative, whatever it may be, to the Teamsters. IBT representation is not in your best interest.

LOCAL776 said:
1. Allowed Owner Op. To Pull Our Freight(doubles Included) When We Have Employees Sitting At Home
2.when Company Is Only Hireing Part Time Employees (dock) No Chance To Be Full Time. This Gives The Company Ample Opp. In The Future To Cancel Benifits Such As Health And Pension.
3. (5)paid Sick Days -- You Can Only Use 1 Sickday Per Illness. You Should Be Able To Use Them At Youe Discretion
4.loss Of Wages The Part Time Empl. Have Lost 4$ Per Hour
More Tocome So Get Ready

I was told that our PT Dock workers would still be making more $$ than UPS small package handlers. The present dock worker lost no wages, but did get to have the benefit to attend college and have UPS Freight help pay for it. That sounds like there was nothing taken away from the present dock worker and that the new dock worker will also have the opportunity to get help with their college education. In the future, a college degree will pay alot more than a few dollars an hour. That is just my thoughts.

nospinzone said:
I did, but I'm in parcel. I believe APWA is the best options for both brown and blue.....

I think apwa will be catering to brown more than blue. Why take a chance on promises from an organization who does not yet have a contract with anyone?

It seems that apwa is concentrating more on a pension than anything else. I am and have been putting money away for years toward my retirement along with a 401k. I am not counting on a pension soley for retirement as well as Social Security. If a pension is there than great, but if it is not I will have money for retirement, my future is in my hands. (well sort of)

If apwa were to get a contract with Parcel, they will be more intrested with what they can do for them, we will be set to the side or pushed into to a undesireable contract. If they don't get Parcel there will still be alot of if's. One thing is for sure, the company (UPS) isn't making it any better here on their own (if the new med's are any indication) we need someone to make them step up and in my opinion that someone is IBT.

bulldog425 said:
I believe a new hire in the teamsters could get 3,700 with a 30year & out. 3,700 won't be worth much 30 years from now. I'm sure you will need atleast 7,000 per month!

Now these #'s are nothing but a farse, and I have a car with no engine that runs great, these funds will be put into the same system as the teamster's pention and other pentions alike, do not tell me they can double my monies for the same period of time for the same investment funds many other companies use , and maintain double the profit. Other companies would have done the same a long time ago if the kickback's were available.

And President Bush is a great speaker. " folk's"

This crap with the added no leverage makes for one hell of a cake!!!! an upsidedown cake......