SAIA | new /used trucks

probably so they came from knight transportation so they already came with the shiney wheels although the shop will not be afraid to put an ole nasty white rusty one somewhere on it when you have a flat

Just curious, sitting on the DLS yard are several Volvo sleeper trucks waiting to go to auction. Since they are already paid for, why didn't the boss daddy have those redone and turned into daycabs? Just asking. I'm sure there are others at other regional maintenance bases that are awaiting a similar fate.

uh can you say ragged out i would rather have my little single axle tricycle than something a team has been in for a few years besides i think knight has their own body shop they do this stuff in they have their own used truck sales dept just like a dealer

I was wondering the same thing. There have been a few 06 and 07 debadged team trucks sitting in ATL. If any of our trucks are ragged out, I doubt it would be the team trucks unless we talk about the milage on them. We have been buying new team trucks all along. The oldest model I have seen a team in lately was an 08, most of them drive late 09's.

One of the managers in Chicago said a total of 39 trucks and that they were getting 16 of them. Most staying in the east and he thought a couple to Houston or Dallas.

Hopefully, if the company opts for this route of obtaining equipment, they will purchase more than those few trucks. Tandems are desperately needed across the entire system. The shop supervisor in DLS said that our sleepers are too run out to do the same change as those pictured.

Does anybody have a reliable source as to the number of trucks purchased and remodeled? Also heard that some '99's were being refurbished at the ATL shop. Now that would be interesting!

dont feel like the lone ranger. over at r&l, they have doing the same for several years. i ran team for over 10 years, and we used to get new tractors on a regular basis.the last couple of years they have been using junk. they bought old penske tractors that had sat for a year,you know how that worked out. the line haul drivers have it even worse. we had a large group(400) of old 1998-99 or older L model fords that sat at wilmington for several years, and they started rebuilding these trucks for line haul and city work, mostly by taking 2 or three trucks to fix one. real junk. so i guess it is a trend. tho repair costs are ridiculous, and driver downtime(which r&l almost will not pay) is very bad.cant deliver freight if you are sitting on the side of the road waiting for a wrecker.

im going to try to post some images of these trucks seen one in clt shop last night they are converted sleeper trucks with 400 cummins dohc actually pretty nice trucks late 06 and 07 model screws

Has anybody seen any of these trucks on the road? The only place i have seen one is in the CLT shop, and that place has become a joke need to shut it down!

I agree with u my truck has been there for 3 week now

are you sure it's been there for 3 weeks, and not put back in service and sent to be used as a spare by another terminal? they are bad about that....nothing pisses you off more than to have your truck go up there for service only for them to use it in the city or somewhere else why you have to scramble to find something sort of decent to drive.

Guys, seriously......it's a truck. It has been de-balled, still has SAIA on the side and will be in no better shape in a few weeks then what you are driving now. So it has "low miles". When you get to the point where they deem it necessary to put another truck in your run, they will. So it has a "400 Cummins". After they unplugged the computer, it now might have about 300 hp. As for the CLt shop, I agree it isn't the best, but the reactions you get from the mechanics are a result for directives sent down from further up. The mechanics are only ALLOWED to do certain things.

DLS got its allocation of four trucks yesterday. They came in not road ready, so as many others have observed, it's gonna be awhile. It will be interesting to see if they stay here once they are made roadworthy or are forwarded to other terminals since the regional shop is in DLS,