SAIA | new /used trucks

I saw one matching the desription pass me at 70mph or so on the flats the other night, then saw in on the shoulder broke down in the same area a week later. Very nice looking ride, the long wheel base drew my attention. Does SAIA have many Volvo's with the same headlights as these have? That too drew my attention.

Latest message from "In the Drivers Seat" ceedee stated that the leaders from on high bought a hunnert of these trucks. I wonder if they will be what is purchased for the normal replacement cycle. It stated that cost savings was the equivalent of 1/3 of the cost of buying new (i'm guessing that includes the cost of conversion and winterizing and....etc.)

i heard the same thing from a mechanic, BT. i also heard these are former volvo lease trucks, and that volvo is standing behind the work. i hope eventually they will go back to buying brand new, but then you have deal with DPF's, SCR fluid, and the like from the latest trucks. i am content with my '05 with 750k on the clock.

It would be nice to see more of these trucks. I am a system driver and get stuck in some of the awfullest predicaments because having to run out of a hub terminal means they won't stop loading the trailers until they run out of freight. Our four will be put on the DLS to HST lane as those trailers regularly run heavy. Now if only we could get the trailers squared away, too.

DLS received their allocation of the trucks and they are still sitting on the yard. I'm beginning to think we have 4 "shop queens" just sitting there looking good, going nowhere. I asked a mechanic if they were just waiting on the tags and his response was that they hadn't gotten them fixed yet. He also thought we were due for some more. I just hope the tires don't rot before they are put in service.

With Volvo you can get either front end you want.The 07 single axles at Fed-Ex frieght have the same lights as the trucks we just bought. I saw one of these new trucks at Miami over the week-end and somebody already knocked off the right half of the bumper.With these trucks with the set-back front axles and log hoods every one is going to have to be very careful if we want to keep our jobs.

Well, it looks like our allocation of new old trucks is heading to Colorado. Sumpin was said about them needing the extra push running through the mountains in the winter instead of waiting for a tow truck when the roads get really intolerable. Oh well, it would have been nice to run legal more than once per week.

True enough -- They are a little rough , but as a quick solution in tough times , these units will get us by for now !

saw em as well. it was hard to notice them with that poorly lit yard up there. i guess i just got use to atl being nicely lit and a little bit more organization.

Not sure but it looked like they were a darker shade of red than the other ones although like you said it could have been the poor lighting