SAIA | new /used trucks

The last CD that they gave linehaul drivers talked about buying a mix of new and used equipment. I would guess that any new single axle tractors will be new, as well as sleeper trucks, but low mileage tandems aren't a bad idea. We desperately need newer tandems as it seems management is determined to get a larger mix of vans in linehaul. Pups are becoming a scarce commodity around these woods.

we got ..............................0 trucks from anywhere lately. our newest is an '07. i'd just assume keep my '05 with 77x,xxx miles on it anyway. i've had it since '07 iirc.

they got like 8 more volvo 07 screws in clt a couple of weeks ago and one yeller 05 cornbinder screw all but 3 of the volvos are on the road ole yeller is still in front of the shop but for some reason they wont let none of them in clt out of the city i guess the city drivers need to do some cosmetic improvements before we get them in linehaul lol

We got four of those new trucks in Denver from Dallas last month but they was 05 ty dls

I believe you. I guess the bribes weren't paid to the proper people to get the trucks to the right places. Hehe. In all reality I'm guessing that if a terminal has a shop, all the junk will be domiciled there and the newer stuff will be sent out to where there are vendors used for repairs. Although, guessing from the mechanics comments about the new old trucks that might be an iffy proposition in itself.

not in the clt region, if you want it fixed send it to a vendor!
Funny you should mention that. Mine was brought in on a hook out of OK a few weeks ago and was sent to the Volvo dealership we use for repairs that the shop can't or won't have. When it came back they had even fixed an issue with the sending unit in the fuel tank that been present ever since I was assigned the truck. But, as in all cases, nothings perfect and it still gets grumpy when first started.

yeah my 05 was the same way had an issue when it got into a hard pull it would lose injector #1, you could shut it down and reset the computer and it would be ok this went on since it was about a year old until one morning a couple weeks ago it lost 4 of 6 injectors at once well went to volvo for a week and now it runs like it did when it was brand new heck i even passed a fedex on the mountain the other night that felt great lol