New Utility Pups

Easyrider

TB Lurker
Credits
Gentlemen,

We have learned that the nose stand/pole on the front of the new Utility pups wwere not set up properly Consequently we received calls from numerous road drivers alerting us to this problem. We checked into the problem and found out the drivers were right on. Below is a message that Leadfoot Ultra sent out to the terminal managers to update everyone. Just fyi.

Managers,

Please advise all your road drivers of this info, and or post it to where everyone will be able to read.

Since we began taking delivery of the new Utility Pups a couple of weeks ago, I have received calls about the problems dealing with the nose pole on the front of the trailer, and about how the holes were not lining up, without having to crank up the landing gear to reach the pin hole.

As of this morning we brought a set of new pups into Fishersville to find out what the problem was.

We took the bracket off of the front of the trailer and turned it over and are going to drill one more hole in the bracket so that it will have a pin hole for the stand when it is raised, and that will give you at least three slots to place the pin in the nose pole when it is lowered.

That will fix the problem.

Thanks to all who called to alert us of the problem, so that it could be corrected.

It may take a few weeks to get all of the ones that are in the system now corrected, but we will get these done as well just as soon as possible.

The remainder of those that are not in service yet, will be corrected prior to being put in service.

Is there any talk about pintle hoooks on the road units ? Sure would come in handy at times.

The 30 new road units will have pintle hooks on them and we do have other road units in the system with pintle hooks on them. Some city units also have them. We will not be putting them on every road unit but if a driver is pulling pups and does not have a pintle hook he should let Leadfoot Ultra know and we can normally get that taken care of.

Oh thank you for doing something about those utility pups. i was looking at them the other day to figure out why it is that everytime i have to hook one i have to crank to get that dang pin pulled- by the time im hooked up im ready to go home for a shower, but im sure I'd get in troubl if i did ;)
I realized that in order to avoid this problem i had to run the landing gear all the way down and crank a few more times with my high 5thwheel tractor - argh

Oh thank you for doing something about those utility pups. i was looking at them the other day to figure out why it is that everytime i have to hook one i have to crank to get that dang pin pulled- by the time im hooked up im ready to go home for a shower, but im sure I'd get in troubl if i did ;)
I realized that in order to avoid this problem i had to run the landing gear all the way down and crank a few more times with my high 5thwheel tractor - argh

Credit goes to the drivers who brought it to our attention and to Leadfoot Ultra who bird-dogged this through. If the drivers had not brought it to our attention it might have been many more months before we realized this because we are not dealing with the equipment every single day like you guys are and secondly, we are a little thick sometimes.

Thanks