Holland | new velocity doors

Coldhearted

TB Lurker
Credits
Been working velocity in South Bend for quite some time couple weeks ago they changed all the doors from one end of the dock all the way down to the other end of the dock squeezing us we are crammed at the very end with little space not enough room as far away from the office as possible someone's going to get hurt not enough room to maneuver and do our jobs properly

Problem is the people making the decisions and changes have NEVER did the job ! and this is true at all companies , some Dork -pencil pusher thinks this would be better , but never has worked the dock or drove a forklift ! Kinda like them keeping our trucks at 62 mph ,instead of turning them up so we can move freight !

Problem is the people making the decisions and changes have NEVER did the job ! and this is true at all companies , some Dork -pencil pusher thinks this would be better , but never has worked the dock or drove a forklift ! Kinda like them keeping our trucks at 62 mph ,instead of turning them up so we can move freight !
I am really hoping now that we are running the ELD's and some of these guys who cheat and lie on their logs and run seven days a week will no longer be able to do it, that maybe they will not be able to get the freight moved unless they turn them up. It has to catch up with them sooner or later! I am guessing everyone heard about that new guy that destroyed an 18 series tractor up by Gary, well a couple nights ago I was in GR and a new truck is sitting next to me, as I walk around the front of it I see the front middle of the bumper is broken and pushed in like it ran into a poll. Well I go inside and punch in and sure enough the guy with the brand new truck punched in right before me has a 40000 employee number. I wonder how that is working giving the new trucks to the brand new guys when guys with 20 years experience are not getting one because they broke a mirror five or ten years ago? About the docks being switched, they did the same thing at JO about six months ago.....frickin idiots!

I am really hoping now that we are running the ELD's and some of these guys who cheat and lie on their logs and run seven days a week will no longer be able to do it, that maybe they will not be able to get the freight moved unless they turn them up. It has to catch up with them sooner or later! I am guessing everyone heard about that new guy that destroyed an 18 series tractor up by Gary, well a couple nights ago I was in GR and a new truck is sitting next to me, as I walk around the front of it I see the front middle of the bumper is broken and pushed in like it ran into a poll. Well I go inside and punch in and sure enough the guy with the brand new truck punched in right before me has a 40000 employee number. I wonder how that is working giving the new trucks to the brand new guys when guys with 20 years experience are not getting one because they broke a mirror five or ten years ago? About the docks being switched, they did the same thing at JO about six months ago.....frickin idiots!
From my understanding Ware has all 610+ bid trucks running 65. If an open board man run anymore than that without waiting for a ride to come or going to hotel while enroute shouldn’t bitch at all. Kudos to holiday inn express in Springfield IL I ran out of time headed to SL in 648 a run. Don’t tell them you can’t make it, if they do ask reply your the dispatcher I just drive as instructed you get paid miles whether you complete it or not.

From my understanding Ware has all 610+ bid trucks running 65. If an open board man run anymore than that without waiting for a ride to come or going to hotel while enroute shouldn’t bitch at all. Kudos to holiday inn express in Springfield IL I ran out of time headed to SL in 648 a run. Don’t tell them you can’t make it, if they do ask reply your the dispatcher I just drive as instructed you get paid miles whether you complete it or not.
That is not true, the bid truck part.

What happened at Gary with 18 series truck ?

What happened at Gary with 18 series truck ?
A few weeks ago a very new hire blasted the back end of a tanker, the cab was ripped to shreds, I heard the driver only had a broken foot but it looked like he didn't even slow down and probably should have been hurt worse. Pretty Ugly!

That is not true, the bid truck part.
I should have said that I believe in my opinion that is not exactly correct. I did not mean to sound like a know it all, sorry. I only say that because I run all night long every night all through the system and I run into almost zero Freightliners that are running strong enough to run 65. Volvo's yes and I can see why guys are hesitant to take a new truck when they have a strong running Volvo. I just went through that myself, walked away from a 66 miles per hour Volvo to get into a new Freightliner that struggles to run 63. Now a month into it I am glad I made the change, it is nice having a couple extra mph but I do like knowing on the cold winter nights that will be here soon the odds of e being broke down on the side of the road freezing my ass off has been reduced dramatically. I sure hope you are right though that they start turning up even of a few of the trucks, start small and hope that it spreads when they see all of the advantages. It is interesting that every other major LTL outfit is running considerably faster than us including UPS but somehow our leaders feel they know better how to run a company than all the others. Maybe they should take a look at the numbers in Old Dominions last quarterly report and instead of trying to outsmart the competition they should start copying them.

XaPUU5o.jpg

And here my partner is doing a Saturday. But only with unit numbers that support 15 percent....

Yes sir it is SP to CL bid turned him up to 65
IN to CB
IN to MS
SL to ME turn all are running 65 on both ends.
Well it's a start....now just a few thousand more! :D I know there are some runs you just won't be able to make anymore! I do like the idea of running till your elog machine says that's it and getting a real nice room and charging them for all the miles! Sounds like a very good plan to me! Can't wait for a good blizzard where the plows are running three abreast on the Interstate and it takes you five hours to go a hundred miles.....they are going to crap at Central.

Well it's a start....now just a few thousand more! :D I know there are some runs you just won't be able to make anymore! I do like the idea of running till your elog machine says that's it and getting a real nice room and charging them for all the miles! Sounds like a very good plan to me! Can't wait for a good blizzard where the plows are running three abreast on the Interstate and it takes you five hours to go a hundred miles.....they are going to crap at Central.
Problem is most guys don’t care and still run like hell to make it and realize they are guaranteed the miles. If everyone started either taking it to shorter mileage terminal or bed enroute they would change their minds. I did it before on IN to MS I went to bed in TM got paid 610 ran only 484 and saved hrs on log. Win win to me

Problem is most guys don’t care and still run like hell to make it and realize they are guaranteed the miles. If everyone started either taking it to shorter mileage terminal or bed enroute they would change their minds. I did it before on IN to MS I went to bed in TM got paid 610 ran only 484 and saved hrs on log. Win win to me
NICE! If only the guys would stick together a little bit. The way everyone tries to notch everyone else and they have the it's all about me attitude and screw everybody else, it sure makes me worry about 19. I think two thirds of the guys around here will vote strictly for themselves and say screw everyone else, past present and future. Kind of scary!

A few weeks ago a very new hire blasted the back end of a tanker, the cab was ripped to shreds, I heard the driver only had a broken foot but it looked like he didn't even slow down and probably should have been hurt worse. Pretty Ugly!
Wow, yeah we had new guys tearing up trucks & trailer's too , but guess its cheaper total out trucks & trailer's then pay higher wages to get good Driver's !

Maybe those guys that run like hell to make it like those long runs and they don't want the company to not run them because guys like you say it can't be done. 2 options for runs that are on the brink of not making it. 1 they turn trucks up. 2 they don't even attempt the run because they got tired of paying for for a run some can't finish.