FedEx Freight | New Volvo programming

This only works on the ISX and the theory is to get the valves shut...not open. You are preventing the exhaust from entering back into the combustion chamber.

If ya wanna see if the EGR screwing up do this. When you pretrip your truck and its still cold, turn on your key to the run position but dont start it. Give it a minute to let the EGR valve open, then unplug the EGR valve. Go ahead and run it on your run and see if it runs better. It will throw a code, but when you get back home plug the EGR back in and when they hook it up to the computer it will show as an inactive code and you have no idea how it got there.

I run two passes a day on my run and I now use an average of 12 more gallons a day. then my truck runs another run at night and it use to burn 45 gallons now it burns 52. so how is using 19 gallons more in a 24hr. period better. lets see 19 gallons at 3 bucks a gallon equals is 57.00 times 5 days is 285.00 times 4 is 1140.00 times 12 months is 13680.00 that's one truck we have 3 on that run. hmm maybe that cubical bunny needs to rerun some figures. I am just a truck driver and figured that one out. But then I was just hired from the neck down. lol I was wondering if fedex is so in to green u know hydregen forklifts electric vehicals all that stuff why r we getting away with more emissions (aka) black smoke and blue smoke coming from r trucks. just does not make sense to me.

Last edited by a moderator: