FedEx Freight | new work rules at EPH

I agree for the most part but it's not uncommon for a thread to morph into something else. I do feel like it's a subject worth discussing we could start a new thread which doesn't seem to always be popular or move it to the union thread where it maybe should have been to start with. I know you too well to think your trying to change or avoid the subject but many on here play the off topic card when they're losing. Just my perspective.
I only mentioned it because the topic has drifted to something that belongs in the union discussion thread. And, respectfully to my friends on both sides of the argument here, I believe we ought to guide it back to Red's original question of how the notice represents new work rules.

It's quite possible it's all political spin, just depends on which side you believe!!
I'm guessing with LOU being the largest world hub in the US, their 5% would carry a lot more leverage than the other 95% IMO...just my two cents.

Just be sure to maintain that position when LOU is the 1 center holding up the wishes of the other 370, at FedEx Freight... :poke:

Oh, and get back on topic, per the Canadian's advice.

Just be sure to maintain that position when LOU is the 1 center holding up the wishes of the other 370, at FedEx Freight... :poke:

Oh, and get back on topic, per the Canadian's advice.
Our LOU center is NOT FXFE's largest "World Hub", let alone our largest US hub, therefor, they wouldn't hold any more leverage than the current four hold.

Per Canadian's advice, were still waiting on someone to answer the question.

Our LOU center is NOT FXFE's largest "World Hub", let alone our largest US hub, therefor, they wouldn't hold any more leverage than the current four hold.

Per Canadian's advice, were still waiting on someone to answer the question.

Q8Klbj3.jpg

Tell that to the UPS employees in Louisville, KY when 94% voted NO and Hoffa Jr and Ken Hall ratified their contract anyways!!

http://www.tdu.org/news_hoffa-and-hall-secretly-changed-constitution-impose-ups-deal

"Hoffa and Hall have finally revealed how they secretly changed the Teamster Constitution to impose the UPS contract over No Votes by the members"

"Hoffa and Hall had to lie to apply this clause to the Louisville Air Supplement, because critical local issues were on the table, in that case, and because the company had actually made their “final” offer worse than their earlier offer."
What you don't know is the issue a national contract ,was held up .The issue was paid transport from the employee parking lot to the employee work area.That's the hold up and hold out for 6 months.General president has the right to intervene any rogue local.On be half of the ruling majority.

What you don't know is the issue a national contract ,was held up .The issue was paid transport from the employee parking lot to the employee work area.That's the hold up and hold out for 6 months.General president has the right to intervene any rogue local.On be half of the ruling majority.
I fully understood this but that was only part of the holdup, there were other issues at play (ones that I'm not going to lookup again at this time). Again, UPS could've easily settled the remaining supplements regarding this local but instead they chose to give them the shaft....and the teamsters stood behind UPS, NOT their members!!

The issue was paid transport from the employee parking lot to the employee work area.
Cool. I wanna be the parking tram driver. With a microphone.
"Folks, to your left is where we keep empties. On the right is where appointments are kept. As we approach the terminal, watch your step when disembarking and also watch where you step as there may be some errant fifth wheel grease on the ground. Remember G.O.A.L and to bring it in safely".

I fully understood this but that was only part of the holdup, there were other issues at play (ones that I'm not going to lookup again at this time). Again, UPS could've easily settled the remaining supplements regarding this local but instead they chose to give them the shaft....and the teamsters stood behind UPS, NOT their members!!
Are you that big of an idiot in real life, or do you just play one on Trucking Boards?

Yeah if you consider highest pay, best insurance, and best retirement getting the shaft. :biglaugh:

Majority rules i
I fully understood this but that was only part of the holdup, there were other issues at play (ones that I'm not going to lookup again at this time). Again, UPS could've easily settled the remaining supplements regarding this local but instead they chose to give them the shaft....and the teamsters stood behind UPS, NOT their members!![/QUOT Its not about the few it's about the many.UPS members ratified the national contract and others settled their suppliments but one hold out.The IBT has a right according to our constitution in intervene in such matters .If you are so knowledgeable you would have stated the difference.Your just shovling:crap: against the tide

This isn't true, there was more to the holdup than that. Plus it wasn't only Louisville voting down their contract they were just the biggest. This is supposed to be a brotherhood or at least I thought. So what if the national contract was held up? all benefits would have been made retroactive to the start date. This was bull crap and everyone knew it, the general president doesn't have the right to do this and the union officials even said it was unprecedented. This was a short sided move and I just hope its not your contract with something more important on the line next time when the Teamsters decide to ignore the wishes of its members.