FedEx Freight | new years eve

I don't mind working that night, my party days are long gone .... Just one thing though ... I have to run threw a drunk ally for a short way ... I have already had a headon with a drunk there, well .. almost a head on .. I got it off the road (shoulder) and got her with the back trailer ... she was on the wrong side of a interstate coming at me over a small hill, or I would have seen her a lot sooner ...

her answer to the officer when ask if she had been drinking ..... NO SIR OFFICER ...I'm not very drunk ... heck she could hardly stand up ...

WE drive out there with drunks every day I once was told every tenth driver coming at you is drunk, so count nine and pull over till the tenth one goes by, of course that might be a long. nite

WE drive out there with drunks every day I once was told every tenth driver coming at you is drunk, so count nine and pull over till the tenth one goes by, of course that might be a long. nite

train :clap:

Easy fix.........
1) Stay off the skinny roads.
2) Stay off the Monfort lane except
when passing, especially at night
when a drunk driver will be coming at you
with no headlights on, in what they think is
their slow lane. Too bad they are driving
on the wrong side of the road. :biglaugh:

:shift:

i'm worth more dead than alive to my wife anyway so lets plaster on the bullseye all over the sets. oh wait the bullseye are already there.

IF IT IS TRUE THAT THEY ARE JUST TESTING US WE SHOULD ALL RAISE TOTAL H E L L ABOUT RUNNING ON THE NIGHT OF NEW YEARS EVE. IF ONE OF US BREAKS DOWN DO YOU THINK WE CAN GET ANY HELP OUT THERE ON A HOLIDAY? NOT ONLY THAT WHO WANTS TO BE OUT THERE WITH ALL THE DRUNKS.
EVERY ONE OF US SHOULD CALL OFF AND SEE HOW THEY LIKE THAT...
JUST ONE MORE THING TO PROVE HOW THEY COULD CARE LESS ABOUT THE DRIVERS...:TR10driving03:

As Long As You are makeing double your pay i wouldnt complain fatter pay checks :clap:

Double the pay isnt always worth it. Hopefully alot of people call in. If we give on this we will never see another new years eve off, and well be working more and more holidays as time goes on. Just remember while your working all the bosses will be getting drunk and have a great time while your working the dock or holding that steering wheel.

I think a lot of you are getting worked up over nothing. First of all its not double pay, its 8 hours pay plus what you make on Friday Jan 1. I think the reason FXF decided to work on Jan 1 is because it does fall on a Friday, and, YRC did pickup a lot of freight on the Friday following Thanksgiving when we were closed. This is a different scenario than Thanksgiving. I think companies will be closed on Friday Jan 1 to give there employees a three day weekend. Dispatch will be busy calling drivers to tell them to stay home. That's my opinion, I could be wrong as usual. TP

Attention all drivers new years eve is not a paid holiday i repeat new years eve is not a paid holiday you dont get any extra pay coming in that night only extra is what you work on new years day

I think a lot of you are getting worked up over nothing. First of all its not double pay, its 8 hours pay plus what you make on Friday Jan 1. I think the reason FXF decided to work on Jan 1 is because it does fall on a Friday, and, YRC did pickup a lot of freight on the Friday following Thanksgiving when we were closed. This is a different scenario than Thanksgiving. I think companies will be closed on Friday Jan 1 to give there employees a three day weekend. Dispatch will be busy calling drivers to tell them to stay home. That's my opinion, I could be wrong as usual. TP
it has nothing to do with it being a friday.and once they get one thing they wiil be getting more what is next day after thanksgiving or maybe christmas eve WAKEUP PEOPLE THEY DONT CARE ABOUT YOU OR YOUR FAMILIES WE ARE A NUMBER .PURPLE PROMICE MY A@#

Make it why you can and bankroll for a later day, cause u dont even know what Oboma(Castrol) and the Libs got in store for us!! Be happy there is work for you!!

What about the safety factor of driving around on NewYears Eve with a bunch of DK drivers trying to get to the next party before midnight. Then all those DK's puttin home in the slow lane at EXACTLY 55mph, window down halfway, cig in hand, and a breath mint at the ready just in case. Oh, now thats safety.