FedEx Freight | new years eve

slackdragon :clap:

Which way are we riding???:bananalama::bananalama::bananalama:

:shift:
Off into the sunset, for as long as this job will take me there ...... dang ... I plum forgot what this thread was about ..... (I'm off in my own little world with the XM on and the music turned up ) :biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh:

i maybe wrong but i think it is legal holiday dont think they can make us work, they keep going they might just get what they dont wont, if you know what i mean
call your BA New Years Eve is not a Hoilday New Years Day is And just because it is a LEGAL hoilday don't mean people can't work it Oh wait the whole world shuts down on all LEGAL Holiday right no wonder I can't make coffee some mornings the power company was on HOLIDAY and no one could make them work it wouldn't them work because it wasn't LEGAL no wonder you need some thing no one wants you need some one to think for you. They pay you for New Years Day and that is not required by law

It is what it is. I will be running my bid new years eve. and looking forward to the free entertainment. No sense in freaking out over it.

:shift:

Here's an idea. Quit your plush, comfy, predictable, steady, easy job at FedEx. Then, go out and pick a trade you think you are good at. Start your own business, pay your own insurance and medical, buy your own uniforms, maintain your equipment, try to take a day off to stay home with your sick kid, try not to worry about if there will be enough work to keep you busy for the rest of the week (let alone the month), make yourself get out of bed everyday, constantly look over your shoulder to make sure your competitor isn't undercutting you or trashing your reputation, be a responsible citizen and pay Uncle Sam his dues, buy a little food with what's left over, maybe have enough to make the mortgage this time, don't get sick to where you can't work, and if you're lucky you might get to take off early on a Friday once every 6 months to go on a "long" 3 day vacation camping with your family (assuming they still want to be around you). I'm guessing 99.9% of the super douches on here who whine, cry, bit¢h, moan and type endless amounts of BS on their computer while sitting in a nice warm home have never had an actual job where they had to punch themselves in the nuts some days just to keep going hoping things would get better. If you think you can go somewhere else and do better, what are you waiting for?! There are hundreds if not thousands of good hard working people out there reading this garbage thinking to themselves how great life would be if they could just get a job at FedEx. Stop complaining and think about what you have here. Enough of the complaint threads.

Well said spacecadet well said, as I have said before just look out at the parking lot at work and take notice of the iron parked out there. I can't count the holidays I spent on the road or sitting in a truck stop wishing that I get a load home for Christmas. Or when we were AF getting home on Thanksgiving Day just in time to shower and load up to go to the family for dinner and happy at that I was there at all. Any time you want a boss that "treats you right" look at your pay check and if not satisfied move on. You know there are days when I think if I ran this company I'd show them how it's done, Hell I might even make them a nationally known company! Then I wake up knowing there is a reason I drive truck and not the space shuttle or this company. Life is hard get a helmet.
I bet half the posters here is not worried about family but spending time with Bud,& Jack

Here's an idea. Quit your plush, comfy, predictable, steady, easy job at FedEx. Then, go out and pick a trade you think you are good at. Start your own business, pay your own insurance and medical, buy your own uniforms, maintain your equipment, try to take a day off to stay home with your sick kid, try not to worry about if there will be enough work to keep you busy for the rest of the week (let alone the month), make yourself get out of bed everyday, constantly look over your shoulder to make sure your competitor isn't undercutting you or trashing your reputation, be a responsible citizen and pay Uncle Sam his dues, buy a little food with what's left over, maybe have enough to make the mortgage this time, don't get sick to where you can't work, and if you're lucky you might get to take off early on a Friday once every 6 months to go on a "long" 3 day vacation camping with your family (assuming they still want to be around you). I'm guessing 99.9% of the super douches on here who whine, cry, bit¢h, moan and type endless amounts of BS on their computer while sitting in a nice warm home have never had an actual job where they had to punch themselves in the nuts some days just to keep going hoping things would get better. If you think you can go somewhere else and do better, what are you waiting for?! There are hundreds if not thousands of good hard working people out there reading this garbage thinking to themselves how great life would be if they could just get a job at FedEx. Stop complaining and think about what you have here. Enough of the complaint threads.

:biglaugh: Thats a pretty damn good post driver