Yellow | New YRC Change Of Operations?

Freightmaster1

TB Legend
Credits
I just heard that a new YRC change of ops has supposedly been requested and has been posted at 309. Has anyone heard about or seen a new change?

:(

I havent seen one. I will look again tonight. The big wigs were here at 309 two weeks ago. They said there is a change of ops coming soon. Closing or shrinking more terminals and bringing that freight back to the breakbulks.

I wouldn't worry about any coo. Just a rumor put out there by low down lie-in management to keep the natives restless to slip by some other dastardly plan.
Besides, they don't have the money(used it all for bod's 50% raise and the save all cfo), they've screwed everyone that could be screwed to screw anyone else out of some green, employees excluded.

PS: Any quick coo around the yearend holidays would make me nervous!

Was told in a preshift about a week ago from the T.M. at 211-Akron that there is going to be a C.O.O. soon. Nothing more specific than that yet!

Bet they already have 2 changes ready to go, just need dated and signed....Now waiting to see which way new Hours of Service are going....10 hrs or stay at 11 hrs driving time so they know which change to do!!!

Was told in a preshift about a week ago from the T.M. at 211-Akron that there is going to be a C.O.O. soon. Nothing more specific than that yet!
I heard this afternoon that the rumors at 211-Akron are 1. that 218-Cleveland will become a breakbulk again and will handle westbound freight and part if not all of the outbound city freight out of Cleveland and Akron, 2. That Akron will remain a breakbulk and possibly handle some of the Akron city freight too. 3. That Toledo will again become a breakbulk and handle some of the rail freight now going through Chicago and put it on the rail at that new intermondal rail yard south of Toledo in northwest Ohio.
These are just rumors right now, but something is going on because YRC just hired 5 to 6 new dock supervisors and are training them at the Akron breakbulk. Some people think they are brininging more freight into Akron, and some people think that they are training these new supervisors to eventually work at Cleveland or Toledo. Managers at 211 are claiming ignorance about any of this so far! What else is new?!

:hide:

Last edited by a moderator:
I heard this afternoon that the rumors at 211-Akron are 1. that 218-Cleveland will become a breakbulk again and will handle westbound freight and part if not all of the outbound city freight out of Cleveland and Akron, 2. That Akron will remain a breakbulk and possibly handle some of the Akron city freight too. 3. That Toledo will again become a breakbulk and handle some of the rail freight now going through Chicago and put it on the rail at that new intermondal rail yard south of Toledo in northwest Ohio.
These are just rumors right now, but something is going on because YRC just hired 5 to 6 new dock supervisors and are training them at the Akron breakbulk. Some people think they are brininging more freight into Akron, and some people think that they are training these new supervisors to eventually work at Cleveland or Toledo. Managers at 211 are claiming ignorance about any of this so far! What else is new?!

:hide:
Dam! Thought maybe I could make it a week or so after my 4 days off before the "I heards", started again. Well at least I made a trip out and back. I did hear though that they are looking at closing all of the breakbulks within 600 miles of 135, and moving all of the work to 422.

Pardon me for not knowing the number system, but what or where is 135 and 422?

I still am in a letter mentality like CGB, MBK and LCP.

If you can't tell I'm an old Yellow type of guy! GO YRC!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:

Let's hope one of the next changes made is to go back to the letter system for terminals!! :bgroovy:

(And the Yellow style trip sheets!!)

135 is Harrisburg Pa. and 422 is Nashville Tn. I'm retired from 859 or AQE in Yellow Dog language.