FedEx Freight | <~~Newbie at Atlanta Terminal - ->>

Dark_knight1981

TB Lurker
Credits
Hey yall, I considering an offer from FedEx Atlanta terminal (not the hub) as "road/shuttle driver".. Can anyone here can tell me what to expect? Especially help with hiw they pay. During the interview the TM explained briefly about hook pay, etc. Can anyone elaborate for me on the job, hours, etc. Thanks for the help. Also, what are the costs of health insurance? Do they provide uniforms, boots?

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

Hey yall, I considering an offer from FedEx Atlanta terminal (not the hub) as "road/shuttle driver".. Can anyone here can tell me what to expect? Especially help with hiw they pay. During the interview the TM explained briefly about hook pay, etc. Can anyone elaborate for me on the job, hours, etc. Thanks for the help. Also, what are the costs of health insurance? Do they provide uniforms, boots?

Not sure about Atlanta, but most centers operate roughly the same. The new guy usually gets a late show time and run to the hub. Work the dock for a few hours and then come back to the center. For a set you get 30 minutes to hook, 30 minutes to drop and hook and 30 minutes to drop. If you work the dock at the hub then you get a drop and a separate hook. The guys down there can give you the mileage and hourly pay scale. They provide uniforms and will pay $60 towards safety toe boots. Insurance depends on single or family and which plan you decide.

30 minutes for a hook isn't bad, I can hook a set in 15 mins. The best part for me is I'll be home every day, my old job I took hours away from home 2-3days a week.

moorland is a hub.you will run a lot of night runs.some shuttle.linehaul.dock work.laydown runs,if you do not mind dock work ,you will run a lot of shuttle runs with dock work.100-300 miles.work dock 3-5 hrs back home.5days a week.sign up for sat and sunday work also,to work system to work days all week