Hmmm not fond of Vitran othertrucker2001? Her drivers weren't bad, well like 6 of them, but the dock was an other story.
Vitran has NOTHING to do with my comment except they are a trucking company. Trust me. The more experienced drivers know what I meant.

RzVpzOi.jpg

What's wrong with Werner?
Werner is one of those companies where you'll be lucky if you make enough to feed yourself. Having your own car and apartment will be out of the question.

I am glutton for punishment.
GREETINGS glutton for punishment and WELCOME to TB!

GO to one of the MAJOR CARRIERS.
Wherever you go, there you be.

It matters NOT which Carrier you choose, it only matters on YOUR ATTITUDE.
If you're a whiny, sniveling wannabe, NO CARRIER will be a fit, however IF You can take things as they come and DEAL WITH IT (not refusing loads), You can go to ANY Carrier, makes no difference.

I started in Flatbed in 1999, and quickly moved to Dry Van in 1999, did Long Haul off and on until 4/2017. Since 4/17, I run ONLY local, no overnight.

Your Choice is Yours and wherever You go, as mentioned, Stay at least 1 year.
There are 20+ Years Veteran Drivers at EVERY LARGE (still in business) COMPANY, so something was/is working for those Drivers.

YOU choose Your path, not some tosser recruiter!!

CHEERS!!

Wow! Was that person sleeping or what? That was just plain dumb.
The part I liked was when that thick twit slammed both trailers THEN the dock TWICE loosing 2 pallets (or more) of product THEN began compressing said product to dock wrecked trailer.

I did a lot of research. I found out that Werner has a really high TOR. I looked at other companies too. I got hired by Schneider, but that is about the same I suppose.

Actually Scneider has a better Rep than most considering their choices: Dry Van, Reefer, Tanker, Flatbed. They've come a long way and the other perk is that I have yet to read a story of a Schneider Truck in a accident, crash, wreck (unless said info is somehow supressed).
WELL DONE!!

Remember: There Is NO LOAD so Hot It Has To Cool Off in a Ditch or Ravine or River.
YOU CONTROL WHEN THE TRUCK MOVES, not your dispatcher
!!
When YOU Do Not FEEL SAFE To Drive, STOP!!

IF you feel some need to learn Chaining up, go ahead, yet most Drivers choose to NEVER Chain up.
Some (most?) States REQUIRE carrying chains in the truck or severe penalties are required.
Another Trucker saying: If one is told to chain up, one needs not continue the Journey (because chaining up does not always mean the journey continues as the Steer Tires never get chains, so go figure).

CHEERS!!

Last edited: