Inferno363

TB Lurker
Credits
I just turned my app. in at J1. I was told I would start at top rate as a regional driver. Can anyone tell me if the money's as good as they say? How hard does one have to run to make good money?

inferno363 welcome to trucking boards. Good to have you along for the ride. I can't answer any of your questions but I'm sure some of our members that work for Jevic will be along shortly to help you out. Good luck in your new job.

regional pay rate

According to the Jevic web site top rate is 50.5 cents per mile--thats after 1 year

New Century's web site has their starting rate at 56 cents per mile

I've been a J1 road driver for 8 years.You dont need a lot of miles,as long as you get the stops.When i do regional out of any term,usually get at least 5 stops per load.
Figure 3pu's.,maybe 3 trips per week.Average
around 2000 miles and 15 stops.You can do the math.Hope that helps

56 cents per mile

56 cents per mile in the New Hampshire area at NC not their starting rate for regional drivers and look at thier website again .......

Take the bare minimum to class.Dont bother with electronics.Just clothes,weeks worth.
Laundry is avbl in delanco,nj,new england and
chicago.You will be getting uniform shirts and paperwork.Bedding or sleeping bag.Once you are cut loose from your trainer,you should be
routed thru home to get the rest of your stuff
Pick the trainers brain,thats what they are there for.Good luck!!