Newest GFS employee

Discussion in 'Gordon Food Service' started by Guardrail, Jul 11, 2013.

1. Guardrail

Guardrail Super Moderator

I just got hired today for a transit position. GFS is expanding! That's a good thing. Any of you old hands have any advice for a new hire?

I have heard good things about GFS and am looking forward to becoming part of the team.
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 3, 2013
  2. Matt

Matt Supah truckah

Nothing for you
  3. Guardrail

We are lacking GFS people. They must all like their jobs. They don't hunt down message boards to whine.:D

4. 101st abn

101st abn New Member

I'm always mistaken for a GFS driver...When i'm not in the truck and in uniform..

Logo >>>> gsf <<<< Lower case letters

Enjoy your new gig
  5. Moneyman01

Moneyman01 Proud to be a dad!

Congrats guardrail. You will like working there. I wish I still worked for GFS. Its a great job and they treat you good there. Good money and benefits.
  6. Guardrail

I'm sure I'll love it. 4 days a week though. I don't know if I can handle that :D

7. Moneyman01

Is this a new yard? Just curious on there expansion. I'm waiting for them to move into mn. Or put a drop yard within a hr of my house. Kansas City has to be the furthest yard they have going west.
  8. grocerythrower

grocerythrower Super Mod

He had said that it was an expansion area Money, he has to go to St Louis for training/orientation, I hope they take the place by storm.
  9. Moneyman01

I gotta read better. What I hope for I GFS builds a warehouse here and brings there grocery stores here to. So I Cam get hired on and do only grocery stores. Be top dog there. I want to be #1 in seniority someday
  10. Guardrail

Yes money, it's a new yard. They have been running everything from St Louis but now they are moving west.

11. Lazlo

Lazlo Active Member

I saw the ad they ran in town a few weeks back, out of curiosity where are they running the trailers to? One of the Penske or Ryder shops?
  12. Guardrail

Last I talked to them it was still in the air. Guess I'll find out soon.