Newest trucks

Discussion in 'A. Duie Pyle' started by xeastend, Nov 18, 2017.

1. ltltrkr

ltltrkr Active Member

I know Sysco and US Foods have them

2. MikeJ

MikeJ Well-Known Member

Sysco has them and there policy on the camera's is highly abusive Sysco isn't really a good place to work.

3. xeastend

xeastend Well-Known Member

Not positive, thinking Sysco has them in both the power units and trailer. One of our l/h guys from Buffalo left and went there. Think he is gone from Sysco already based on his recent posts

4. Local_Driver

Local_Driver Pyle People deliver

Don't see to many guys our age at Sysco, all touch freight no thank you!!

MikeJ likes this.
  5. xeastend

Hell, you p&d guys work to hard!! At 56 can't imagine fingerprinting a load on a handtruck up and down ramps and into some restaurants basement. No thanks. Linehaul works just fine. I don't want nights anymore. Gonna see what happens with the daylight l/h out of York. Maybe transfer

MikeJ likes this.
  6. Local_Driver

Local_Driver Pyle People deliver

MikeJ likes this.
  7. xeastend

You are in good shape and I bet you do not want to do foodservice

MikeJ and Local_Driver like this.
  8. jrz13

jrz13 Member

Hey, did you West Chester guys get a new Volvo? I was down there Thursday night and saw it sitting out front by the ramp

9. xeastend

Yes there is a new Volvo and short hood Freightliner in use. Co worker took the Volvo to Maine last week. Says it pulls nice and is comfortable. But the vorad ( incorrect name, but you know what I mean) system is even more annoying than the current fleet. Think York has one also. Got wrecked

10. jrz13

jrz13 Member

Yea, that lane departure drives me nuts on it and the distance alert goes off way more than the freightliner. Guess we can't complain, we keep getting brand new equipment

11. xeastend

I stay with the Freightliner. My opinion of the Volvos is not real good. That was formed by a previous company. And I agree about the new stuff. What we call our junk is Primo at some of the competition

jrz13 likes this.
  12. J Adkins

J Adkins Member

If you reach up above by where the cb goes, there is a lane departure shut off switch. They usually stay off awhile. You can also turn the volume down using the windshield washer control atalk, and accessing the info menu. You can turn down volume of lane assist, as well as following distance. I know we can adjust the following distance to like 1.2 seconds. Never goes off unless you are on top of them, and the alerts go off, you really can't hear them with music playing.

jrz13 likes this.