Holland | news release

imported_sunny

TB Lurker
Credits
News Releases
YRC Worldwide (ticker: YRCW, exchange: NASDAQ Stock Exchange (.O)) News Release - 8-Jan-2007

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
YRC Regional Transportation Announces Operational and Management Consolidations

USF Reddaway and USF Bestway Consolidate; USF Holland Expands Coverage
AKRON, Ohio, Jan. 8 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ -- YRC Regional Transportation, a subsidiary of YRC Worldwide Inc. (Nasdaq: YRCW - News), announced today the consolidation of USF Bestway and USF Reddaway and the geographic expansion of USF Holland. Although the transition begins immediately, customers will experience no initial changes to their service. Over time, these operational changes are intended to benefit customers through improved services and scope of coverage. To assure a smooth transition, the companies will communicate specifics to customers as they implement these enhancements. Highlights of the forthcoming changes are as follows:

Read the entire article here

This could be the reason our line-haul drivers were called back from lay-off. To make sure there is no service problems at the time of this announcement. Keeping the customers free from worry.

Hmmmm?

Maybe a merger in the future for new penn?

Hmmmmm?

I don't think so. I think that the New Penn name is of too much value in the northeast & the USF name is of little value in the northeast.

And just the reverse in middle America.

I think that YRC will keep both company names seperately but will probably eliminate the overlapping coverage.

This was taken from the Kansas City Star 1/9/07. I got it from the News Feeds in todays Truckingboards. I tried to cut & paste the whole press release but I'm not that good at it.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Staley said the latest restructuring should complete the consolidation activity at YRC Regional, with USF Reddaway covering the western U.S., USF Holland in the Midwest and New Penn covering the Northeast. USF Glen Moore is a regional truckload carrier that provides customized services
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It looks as if Holland & New Penn will continue to operate seperately