SAIA | News?/

Dunno

If you are looking for news in regards to certain matters it is unknown.

Now as to freight hauling..............It looks like job security is back in style. I left Sunday night and didn't stop until this Friday a.m. with 7 hours of the 70 left. I woulda had to have gone back out for a laydown if I had enough hours to make the back side of the turn. Looks like we gonna have to pack the bag and the wallet for 7 days.

And...........

Sign in the window is asking the guys on a four day work week schedule to check with linehaul dispatch to do road work on that fifth day.

Called in with 7 hours left on the 70

Got off duty about 10:15 or so Friday AM the 16th. I thought surely I'd be done for at least a couple of days. Only had 7 hours left on the 70 hours Nooooooooo. At 11:30 pm I get "the call". The sad part is that because of time constraints I could only make a short turn (154 total miles plus one drop). And to top it off I had to wait almost 2 hours to get that dispatch. Yes, I got delay time, but the sleep and time off would have been nicer. :chairshot:

Yessir biz is picking up. You have linehaul drivers on a 4 day schedule?? Things seem to be a little different at that DLS terminal. How r things now that vj is gone?

Yessir biz is picking up. You have linehaul drivers on a 4 day schedule?? Things seem to be a little different at that DLS terminal. How r things now that vj is gone?

My apologies,
The city drivers are currently undergoing that change (4 day work week) in schedule. They were the ones being asked to volunteer for linehaul runs. As far as I know linehaul is business as ususal.

VJ wound up at GRL. I didn't get the opportunity to work with him so I can't contrast any changes.

Hey BT, judjeing by the fact that you started on Sun. night and that you only had 7 hrs. left, I'm going to assume that you ran at least 5 dispatches. If so, I would have never answered the phone Fri. night. Unless I wanted to run. If I leave on Sun. and don't get back till Friday, I aint going nowhere else for nobody. If they want that 6th dispatch out of me, they better not send me home. Luckily, I'm on a bid now and don't have to worry about this. Just my 2 cents.:TR10driving03: