Next Contract

If your union is so strong how come you have carrier and eastren doing some of your line haul work why nemf drivers are layed off?...I can't here you puff!

And you probably won't hear from him on this thread. His next post, whenever that might be, will probably just be the same old Teamster bashing on another thread.

Hit & run, never backing up his charges. Never willing to enter into a debate.

And you probably won't hear from him on this thread. His next post, whenever that might be, will probably just be the same old Teamster bashing on another thread.

Hit & run, never backing up his charges. Never willing to enter into a debate.

I guess you could call him a sniper:chairshot:hit and run:funky: :funky:

PuffDriver IBT Basher extraordinaire.

I took part of my Sunday to read all of Puffs posts. I am never going to get that time back. :sadwavey:

n.e.m.f.
at least they got the name right
non educated mother f---ers
not enough money on friday
not everyone is my friend
not evan mgmt is funny
not every thing is my freight
some day thisco. will run like a real one
but not in my life time

Our union stewart came to me about 6 months ago and told me that next contract there gonna try and change it up.The senior guys in the city are upset cause us linehaul guys make more money.They don't understand we are away from our families and we miss out on our kids functions.
Anyways they want to be able to switch back and forth from city to linehaul.I am #2on the linehaul list.That means if they change the contract and the senior boys in the city want to come back and forth to linehaul I'll go from #2 to whatever.I told the union stewart you can't do that,he said he can and there gonna try it.
I don't know how they can be messing around with seniority.The linehaul guys here are a little upset cause if it does happen thats gonna screw everything up.
We are happy on linehaul,we have a set of great guys ,we all work together.
Anyone hear that they wanna try this at next contract? Or is this our union stewart blowing smoke up our butt/
Line haul makes more $$ than city drivers...dunno know about that one..whatever.

n.e.m.f.
at least they got the name right
non educated mother f---ers
not enough money on friday
not everyone is my friend
not evan mgmt is funny
not every thing is my freight
some day thisco. will run like a real one
but not in my life time

Need Employees More Frequently

First you got to get a union that is aworking mans union , not one run by the owners. Thats right, NEMF( Shevell Family) control the union. If you don`t think so ..... just do things the right way and see how long you`ll be there. NEMF changes company faster than you can blink, got it Hope you find better place to drive for.

NEMF/CCX Team Work (duh)

:chairshot: Wake up NEMF Drivers it will soon be over. The company is losing really great people and nobody cares......

First you got to get a union that is aworking mans union , not one run by the owners. Thats right, NEMF( Shevell Family) control the union. If you don`t think so ..... just do things the right way and see how long you`ll be there. NEMF changes company faster than you can blink, got it Hope you find better place to drive for.
:smilie_132:
nope not true when things are not right it is put to a end some things they let slide if it is all right with every body

Let me say first off I am an Eastern Freightways driver and have been for 6 years.
The divisions have not gotten along in the time I have been here and doubt they will. The union vs nonunion dynamic and the tug of war over equipment usage seems to be the major culprits.
Shevell has hired some new Management in the past year to take the entire family to the billion dollar level. They claim they are operating at the 400 million per year mark (all divisions tallied together) and are considering aggressive growth and possibly even buying some competitor.
I believe the addition of the Terminals in Ohio, Virginia, and Chicago are designed to expand the operating area and attempt to muscle in on the other players in those markets.
Eastern has been tapped to run the line haul trips from Chicago to Pawtucket thru the Irwin terminal.
Eastern has also attempted to put on teams to run coast to coast and dedicated from Camp Hill to Miami. The teams are burning up the highways and doubling the companies revenue for the new trucks that were added (unfortunately those trucks are not team friendly but are solo trucks being used for teams). Perhaps the next group ordered will be the full size 780 volvo models most other team operations are utilizing.

In regards to decertifying the machinist union I seriously doubt that will happen. I have heard over the years that if a teamster push became evident the terminal in question would be mothballed overnight. Any mention of unionizing Eastern would result in the same sanctions. Personnel have been hired that are sticklers for bottom lines and profits so if anything I would watch for some serious givebacks in regards to the insurance premiums. The fact is Eastern drivers started paying for our medical benefits about 2 years ago now. Each year it will rise, negating any increase in driver wages.

Eastern Freightways used to a good teamster job back in the day ..It's a shame to see them back as a non-union ..

Eastern Freightways used to a good teamster job back in the day ..It's a shame to see them back as a non-union ..

2 different companies as far as I know crazy. I may be wrong but I believe the original Eastern was purchased by New Penn and folded into their operation.

2 different companies as far as I know crazy. I may be wrong but I believe the original Eastern was purchased by New Penn and folded into their operation.

The original eastern was merged with Spector ,I believe the end of the seventies.They both went down the drain.I don't know the exact of 'who bought who',but I do remember Specter running the big doubles on the NY Thruway with both trailers ..I am sure there is someone on here who can clarify this,but I am sure they "Eastern" were Teamsters...

The original eastern was merged with Spector ,I believe the end of the seventies.They both went down the drain.I don't know the exact of 'who bought who',but I do remember Specter running the big doubles on the NY Thruway with both trailers ..I am sure there is someone on here who can clarify this,but I am sure they "Eastern" were Teamsters...

It's all somewhat fuzzy to me crazy but you're right. They were Teamsters. I still think we are dealing with 2 different companies with Eastern Freightways and Eastern Express.

The eastern freightways that is part of the NEMF group is the same one' Eastern on the Ball',they use the same logos,also saw another one of there group Apex and it had teamster decals on it..

no the teamster company with the on the on the ball was acoocite i know my spelling is wrong

OWLPUSS I think your wrong on this one..Associated transport and Eastern freightways were both 30% owned by Myron Shevell who is the owner of NEMF.If you look at easterns trailers they have the logo "on the ball" on them..I believe there the same now as they were 35 years ago...

from Northeast Trucking, Truckload Carrier, Freight Services, Third Party Logistics, LTL, NEMF

In 1974, Eastern acquired Associated Transport, a carrier beset by severe financial difficulties. Shevell served as president and chief executive officer of both companies. However, by1976 Associated's problems, combined with a major recession, proved too much even for Eastern's solid management. When a consortium of banks backed out of a restructuring plan at the last minute, both companies entered bankruptcy and requested to be dissolved.

the Eastern they are talking about is Eastern freightways, the one with the "on the ball" logo that is part of the shevell group today.

union? where?..dockworkers try to screw the drivers every day..drivers return freight everyday for no reason...were killin ourselves here...only good thing about the union is not payn benefits....from wht i can see..i work 4 myself .....period.