TForce | Next contract...

Diesel Smoke

TB Lurker
Credits
What do you want out of the next contract? Ours expires in less than 2 years. What are your big issues.....Contractors? More money? 401k match?

I figure the contractor issue will be the big one. Id really like to see a 401k match personally.

How about Contractors, Subcontractors, "Company OwnerOperators", Rail, Temp Workers,.... Did I miss anyone?

In other words, no Non Bargaining Unit Employees that are not in our division, UPS freight Union Employees Only!!

we need better benefits a better pension and a 401k match most important we need a seniority rule for all employes win going from road to cartage or cartage to road you should not have to go to the bottom of the seniority list for life maybe a year and a day but not for life also for dock or jockey.

Company seniority should stay with you no matter where you go. We should all receive the same pension, wether you are Road, City Shop or Dock we all have to pay the same medical, why should Road drivers be any different to get more retirement? We all showed up to work 30 yrs?????

Company seniority should stay with you no matter where you go. We should all receive the same pension, wether you are Road, City Shop or Dock we all have to pay the same medical, why should Road drivers be any different to get more retirement? We all showed up to work 30 yrs?????

I know... Dang Road Drivers

How about Contractors, Subcontractors, "Company OwnerOperators", Rail, Temp Workers,.... Did I miss anyone?

In other words, no Non Bargaining Unit Employees that are not in our division, UPS freight Union Employees Only!!

We have that in our current contract

I can see quite a few things I would like to change. One is the way vacation in accrued, now you have to have 156 reports to get full vacation. We have extra guys working only 1 day a week, and get no vacation time this year and will not have enough reports to get one next year. Another is the big gap between starting pay and top pay. I also think that if they want you to be on call 24/7 if you are extra board you should get some sort of compensation for that, either a couple hours standby pay or at the minimum credit for a report toward vacation. Another would be pay for breakdown on property. SUBCONTRACTORS NOT TO WORK UNTIL ALL FULL TIME REGULAR EMPLOYEES ARE WORKING. I personally would rather see those changes, I think pay and benefits are ok as long as we are working over subs.

If we are putting together a wish list,
No outside carriers unless all ups freight drivers at the specific terminal are working period. If ups breaks this rule we are allowed to harass or beat the hell out of there.... EQUIPTMEMT ;) , without repercussions from ups. 2. Seniority should go by hire date or full time date, jf you change classification you go to the bottom for one year. 3. Vacations can be used one day at a time, no block weeks mandatory. 4. If there is a terminal that is hiring you have the right to transfer, if not following freight, go to the bottom of list for one year. That was a nice think we had with overnite.

If we are putting together a wish list,
No outside carriers unless all ups freight drivers at the specific terminal are working period. If ups breaks this rule we are allowed to harass or beat the hell out of there.... EQUIPTMEMT ;) , without repercussions from ups.

No... If ups breaks this rule we are allowed to harass or beat the hell out of there.... SUPERVISORS between trailers!!!!

What do you want out of the next contract? Ours expires in less than 2 years. What are your big issues.....Contractors? More money? 401k match?

I figure the contractor issue will be the big one. Id really like to see a 401k match personally.
Just speaking as a retired outsider but was a union driver for 44years so I know a little about the union and what I would suggest for all the UPSF drivers is that what you should do is go into the locals that represent your cities example: Chicago drivers should be in 705's H/W plan . They are in 705 but with out benefits their benefits come from UPS . I was told that the union gave UPS the upper hand for the first contract and that the union was going to put UPSF drivers in the regular 705 H/W . when contract time came . If they don't and if they finally get FEDX and Con way they will demand the same thing UPS did .:1036316054:

If we get Sandy Pope in, she will push to help us....

I'm not so sure anyone will push to help us. Many years ago a BA told me the Teamsters have discovered organizing office workers, county employees, prison guards, etc. is cheaper than truck drivers. Trucking membership is declining and is 95% of the headaches the IBT has. These other professions, get a contract every 5 years, handle a few grievances, and collect the dues money. It's a sad situation. We pay the same dues as NMFA, but do not get all the perks for that money. NMFA does not have co-pay on their health care. They have a free disability policy. It may not be great, but one could take the money being spent & buy a supplemantal on their own. Lots of things not right with this "union". I will be voting for change. I am not really expecting much. You can say get involved, make a difference. Yes, I agree. But with the Local being strong, and the IBT supposedly giving Locals no backing, how much difference can one make? Please get out and vote. Do what you can do. Don't follow blindly.