TForce | Next contract...

Question

I have friends retiring and soon to retire. And they are saying their time with overnite isn't being grandfathered or honored by ups. So I was wondering if anyone else remembers when the union first came in and tried to convince us to vote union with all the wonderful things they could do for us. I remember and others also remember them saying our years with overnite would be honored by ups as counting toward retirement with ups. Wondering if anyone else remembers this and could this be put In the next contract possibly.

As far as I know, it is being honored. I got a statement for retirement, years from Overnite on one and years from UPS on another.

hello, this is your next contract and the one after that. you know the old saying, if you do what you have always done, you will get what you have always got.

Same as UPS Bennys

Same bennys as UPS I really don't want any more money, in fact I would take a cut in pay for the same bennys UPS has. Look at the money we would save with less copay and the money saved with medco. That would be like getting 2 or 3 bucks more an hour. Money is great but it's not everything. Look to the future the money will come but when your old and sore from 30 years it would be nice to get out with full bennys like UPS.:icon_dance:

Same bennys as UPS I really don't want any more money, in fact I would take a cut in pay for the same bennys UPS has. Look at the money we would save with less copay and the money saved with medco. That would be like getting 2 or 3 bucks more an hour. Money is great but it's not everything. Look to the future the money will come but when your old and sore from 30 years it would be nice to get out with full bennys like UPS.:icon_dance:

I happen to feel we already are worth the same as what UPS gets without a pay cut. Don't sell yourself short. They love to hear talk like that. I'll stack up what we do against them any day.

They do get more, but they are not allowed to use any for November or December.

That isn't necessarily true,.......Some senior men do take vacation at those times, And they can take single days of vacation at that time, Some senior guys take say 5 Fridays off in a row for instance,...

By the way, Have you seen our calendar for vacation request??,....It is supposed to be blacked out for no vacations in Nov or Dec,...

I guess you think ups is going to just step up to the plate, with a new contract the whole thing will start over with violations and threats and terminations as so it goes around and around. I guess you think the union is just going to start representing you?
Dream on it is the brown union bought and paid for by ups.........I didn't see any local or very few union members hold the union accountable the union has an agenda and it requires the cooperation of the compnay....no quid pro quo for us.

That isn't necessarily true,.......Some senior men do take vacation at those times, And they can take single days of vacation at that time, Some senior guys take say 5 Fridays off in a row for instance,...

By the way, Have you seen our calendar for vacation request??,....It is supposed to be blacked out for no vacations in Nov or Dec,...

What kind of vacation is that? No think you. I want at least a week at one time makes you feel like you had a vacation.

Hay there theoriginalwebidiot,how you ben?
I see you are still anti-UPS Freight,I think you have been bitter ever since Overnite purchased your former employer Motor Cargo.
Well I gotta say if you are still here posting your doom & gloom opinions.
I venture to say God has richly blessed you that you still have a job in LTL.
Other than the bitterness you carry,you seem to be blessed with health,and you have also ben kept safe from harm as well.

So for what it is worth to you my Trucking board friend,I hope God continues to bless you and all of your loved ones,have a safe & happy Holiday season.
Always remember Jesus is the reason for the Christmas season.

Hay there theoriginalwebidiot,how you ben?
I see you are still anti-UPS Freight,I think you have been bitter ever since Overnite purchased your former employer Motor Cargo.
Well I gotta say if you are still here posting your doom & gloom opinions.
I venture to say God has richly blessed you that you still have a job in LTL.
Other than the bitterness you carry,you seem to be blessed with health,and you have also ben kept safe from harm as well.

So for what it is worth to you my Trucking board friend,I hope God continues to bless you and all of your loved ones,have a safe & happy Holiday season.
Always remember Jesus is the reason for the Christmas season.

Well said AP.

What kind of vacation is that? No think you. I want at least a week at one time makes you feel like you had a vacation.

Small pack is not allowed full weeks off during Nov/Dec,...But they can use single days then,...

What I was trying to say is that the senior guys their will take the first 5 weeks as 1 week vacations and then use the single days for long weekends in Nov/Dec,....

Though it takes whiskers to pull that off!!!

Company seniority should stay with you no matter where you go. We should all receive the same pension, wether you are Road, City Shop or Dock we all have to pay the same medical, why should Road drivers be any different to get more retirement? We all showed up to work 30 yrs?????

They don't get anymore more. Where are you getting this? It's all based on the last 10 years average. Or some thing like that. If they get more it's because they averaged more. You ought to become a road driver and see how good they really have. It might open your eyes...

They don't get anymore more. Where are you getting this? It's all based on the last 10 years average. Or some thing like that. If they get more it's because they averaged more. You ought to become a road driver and see how good they really have. It might open your eyes...

You mean it's not quite how it looks? Wow....LOL