R&L | Nextels?

playsinmud

TB Lurker
Credits
How many of your barns are using the NEXTEL's now?

Heard we may get them this winter... or spring... or next summer... It's been talked about for a while now.

If you are using them are you allowed to talk driver to driver or just driver to dispatch?

How many of your barns are using the NEXTEL's now?

Heard we may get them this winter... or spring... or next summer... It's been talked about for a while now.

If you are using them are you allowed to talk driver to driver or just driver to dispatch?

I didn't know R&L used Nextel's at any barn..First I have heard of this.

We use them at Jevic they are nice they are already programed with all the messages u need to send. As for talking between drivers I think the company can do this anyway they want, we can't talk from driver to driver and if someone at dispatch hits you up you have only a few seconds to hit back or it wont go thru.. The nextel system seems to be the way to go, the only problem that I have seen is that just like your phone it sometimes does not get signal but that hasn't been that often..

NEW terminal had them for a while, they were better than sitting on hold for 20 mins. on your personal cell.

But i left the company in may, for a better job.

I wish ya the best.

NEW Sucks!

Nextels are being ordered for most terminals at this time who have communication problems with the radio. I hear we all will be getting them through next year. Priority is CA full system sell.

the 3 LTL job i had, everyone used the NEXTEL service.. The phone was a motorola, Which i am sure yours is also,

Nextel is not a phone, but just a network service offer by Sprint.

And yes you can talk Driver to Driver with the Direct Connect and Driver to Dispatch, But they may have the actually Cell phone service turned off to prevent you from making calls,