NFL and the consequences of Driving under the Influence charges.

Northern Flash

Today's Democrats are similar to Commies.
Credits
What do you guys think of this? The league already has an agency that the players can contact to get a ride home when they are under the influence. Proposed one year suspensions? Too strict? Merril Hoge on Sports Center talked about it also. What do you think?

[video]http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=8732213&categoryid=2378529[/video]

I think this guy in Dallas has a lot more to worry about,rather than being suspended... He's looking at criminal charges of manslaughter.... He's looking at hard time...

Should he have called for a ride.. Yes, one of them,if not both of them should have realized they were too drunk and called.... But that's in the past.... His career is ruined..

The two were best friends from what I gather. It's a shame that he has to live with that for the rest of his life, but sometimes bad decisions have serious consequences. They both should have known better. Yes, his career is over and he will be doing time for it.

Should the NFL put a ban on college recruits if they have a previous DUI? Should the NFL install a one year suspension for players that are convicted of a DUI as proposed? Second offense, you get banned permanently. Would this heighten the awareness of the players or is it to extreme?

What people don't understand is, Jerry is not going to be able to fix this mess... This is the State Of Texas, not the State Of Jerry Jones..... It's not like he did for Micheal Irving and cover up his wrong doings....

How many 2nd chances do the Cowboys get, when the rest get punished... Sounds like someone's pockets are getting lined....

150 views and nobody wants to touch these questions? HHHHMMMM.

Should the NFL put a ban on college recruits if they have a previous DUI?
Should the NFL install a one year suspension for players that are convicted of a DUI as proposed? Second offense, you get banned permanently.
Would this heighten the awareness of the players or is it to extreme?

150 views and nobody wants to touch these questions? HHHHMMMM.

Should the NFL put a ban on college recruits if they have a previous DUI?

Should the NFL install a one year suspension for players that are convicted of a DUI as proposed? Second offense, you get banned permanently.

Would this heighten the awareness of the players or is it to extreme?

Not for 1. Get 2 or more and yes. The player got his second chance and blew it.

Yes. Do you get a 1 year suspension from working your job if you get a DUI? Others while not suspended from working their regular job need to jump through hoops getting to and from work.

I'd like to say heighten the awareness, but looking at reality some are just to stupid to learn. I am saying that about society as a whole.

I think a one year ban is a good idea.However ,getting the NFLPA to agree is another issue,entirely.I think they were against the "ride" program,for fear of bonus and contract reprisals.
Sure,all of these players are sad for what happened,but as I understand it,their were numerous other players at the place they were partying.Too bad one of them wasnt mature enough to offer an alternative.I feel bad for Brent.The fact he will have the blood of his pal,on his hands for the rest of his life.Hopefully he can do some lecturing to kids regarding his fall.

I'm kind of torn on my stance here. With these guys being role models for the youth, I really hate seeing bad examples being set. But on the other hand, the players are human. I do kind of like the 1 year suspension idea. I also like the "ride" option for them, supplied by the NFL in an effort to set good examples and stay away from negative publicity. But the teams shouldn't have any problem with the players using the ride system. In fact, if the team punishes a player in an way, shape or form for using the ride system, the team should have to pay serious fines.

I'd like to say heighten the awareness, but looking at reality some are just to stupid to learn.
It's amazing to see how some of these players are willing to risk throwing everything that they have worked so hard for away. Most of them have never worked a real job, and their sport is the only life that they have ever known. Maybe a little time following around the ol' Flashman and see that life isn't always a box of chocolates and they'd learn to respect the gift of talent and the opportunities that they have. Sometimes they seem to not respect the lifestyle that they get to live. They get to play a game that they love, make a pile of money and retire at an early age. Why risk losing that? Dumb, very dumb.