NFL standing against Trump

Discussion in 'Politics' started by runawaytrain, Sep 24, 2017.

1. Magoo

Magoo You don't have to be Einstein to figure it out

I just did, will you second the motion?

2. ABFer

ABFer Super Moderator Staff Member

I thought I already did. :shrug:

Magoo likes this.
  3. troubleman84

troubleman84 Well-Known Member

So law enforcement officers killing unarmed black men isn’t that big of issue. Officers who are paid by taxpayers isn’t a big issue. Tic for tac doesn’t work on this issue that I assume by your response fell on your front door step.

Magoo likes this.
  4. troubleman84

What a persons background has to do with being racially profiled? So if a privileged black kid is pulled over profiled and killed unarmed by an officer make the circumstances different.

5. troubleman84

So you admit there is a problem and you don’t care to help change it unless it meets your criteria you continue to amaze me.

6. Bubba74

Bubba74 Well-Known Member

So is the issue
    inequality- by people that have been coddled their entire lives (pro athletes)
    income inequality- by rich millionaires
    social injustice-
    racism
    police killing unarmed men of color- Kap started the whole thing in response to Michael Brown who attacked a police officer
    start a dialog- which has been going on for over 100 years

what are the protests about? what is the point? and what is the end game?

jimmy g likes this.
  7. Northern Flash

Northern Flash Piss on our Flag, get a boycott against you.

The Black kid's background and upbringing is what makes them resist simple commands that come from the police. They are raised having no respect for authorities because they've never had a dad at home to put his foot in their ass when they don't obey.

A "privileged" black kid would typically be respectful of the police because he wasn't raised with just one parent, and his father putting his foot in his ass also, taught him to have respect for the police.

jimmy g likes this.
  8. Northern Flash

There was 17 unarmed black men shot by police last year,.........out of 20 million black men. You are more likely to be struck by lightening than you are to be shot by a police officer.

"Criteria" requires facts, statistics, and details, and there aren't any of them large enough for most people to consider this some kind of police shooting epidemic.

The reason that you're "amazed" is because you ran into someone who isn't afraid of the racial conversations.
    And I'm not alone. The era of white guilt and being called a racist all of the time is coming to an abrupt end. We're tired of being called something that we aren't.

We're also tired of the worn out excuses for the bad behavior in this country. And you personally have nothing but excuses to offer, and never a single solution.

jimmy g and Big Dave like this.
  9. Bart

Bart Well-Known Member

ABFer likes this.
  10. Northern Flash

They don't even know what their protest is about, your list proves it.

In my opinion, they claim to want equal treatment, but in reality, they want preferential (special) treatment because of their skin color.
    Case and point:
    Now the NFL has petitioned the Congress to relax some of the incarceration lengths, which is foolish, because the only deterrent to prevent time is getting a long stay in prison. I don't care what color a person's skin is, you do the crime, you do the time.

jimmy g likes this.
  11. kboomarang

kboomarang My allah, between pie and mode

Is it a bigger issue than extremely high rate that black men are killing each other, I wouldn't think so, but like many other issues within the community is it simply written off as being cultural?
    Is it an issue? of course, but is it a bigger issue than blacks being killed by each for what they consider turf, what they're wearing,whether it's a spiffy jacket, pair of shoes or the wrong color, or no reason at all, and if again if that's cultural( and the level of acceptance says yes) no amount of kneeling is going to cure anything.

Northern Flash likes this.
  12. Northern Flash

Every statement that you make has your own pent up racism written all over it.
    What you fail to understand or see is that a police officer killing ANY unarmed person, regardless of skin color, is unacceptable. But as usual, your only concern is for the Blacks.

*And I'll also note that a white guy is nearly twice as likely to get shot by a police officer as a black man is. Statistics don't lie. Racists do.

jimmy g likes this.
  13. ABFer

ABFer Super Moderator Staff Member

What needs to change is prison conditions, prison life is too easy to be a deterrent on its own. Labor camps, chain gangs and rice for breakfast, lunch and dinner would go a long way towards curing our crime rates.

Bubba74 and Northern Flash like this.
  14. Northern Flash

Yep. But then the NAACP, ACLU, Black Lies Matter, Antifa, and the other race-baiting operations would claim racism since the majority of those incarcerated are Black.

15. troubleman84

Once again you assume but have one experience of it yourself. FYI I was raised by my mother only so does that change how I was raised. No how bout you tell me how I was raised then.

16. troubleman84

Wrong I amazed how you can as a white male me a black man the problems I face or don’t face in life. That’s like me saying I know what an military veteran has went thru in combat. I could play you and assume but I don’t. I don’t judge a white man off his upbringing or his races past. I go off how I’m treated now so far some has profiled me, while some has shown equal respect.

17. troubleman84

Just as well as your assumptions of young black being raised by single mothers are being taught respect.

18. troubleman84

Only one northern flash your debate skills suck. That’s my assumption but it’s not a big issue carry on.

19. Bubba74

Bubba74 Well-Known Member

Northern Flash likes this.
  20. Northern Flash

We have to have lived the black experience to understand how to follow commands hey? You have given nothing but excuses so far.

In an earlier post, you had mentioned how "your parents had raised you". So which is it?

If you were raised with a single parent and have succeeded in life, why can't the rest do it also?