NFL standing against Trump

Discussion in 'Politics' started by runawaytrain, Sep 24, 2017.

1. a9faninnc

a9faninnc Super Moderator Staff Member

buffalobill likes this.
  2. a9faninnc

a9faninnc Super Moderator Staff Member

3. Magoo

Magoo You don't have to be Einstein to figure it out

You right about that, these players would not want to lose their careers so I know they think it very serious.

troubleman84 and pilot87 like this.
  4. pilot87

pilot87 Well-Known Member

That has always been true.... The sports fans have, by and large over the past many decades, have elevated them to celebrity status or higher.... Far to many of these spoiled "stars" think they can do as they wish...such as assault women...drink and drive drunk....do drugs and a host of other things...... Not all of them....but enough of them...... No one stopped watching "the game" or called them out on real criminal acts.....no calls to fire or suspend any of them for that...at least not even close the outrage we see now.... Personally speaking, the flap over this protest is rather silly... However, at least one thing good is coming out of this...the fact that a lot of pro athletes feel they can do anything because the Fans will always revere them due to their athletic prowess.... So if this is the issue that wakes up the fans, then let it....... Yes you're so right.... "They are only as relevant as we we let them be"

5. pilot87

The "Christian Baker" wasn't asked to give up "their rights"..... They were breaking the law by discriminating against people based sexual orientation....... Also look at Kim Davis, she refused to do part of her job, also based on her Christian belief.........Her job required her to issue marriage licences to same sex couples.... If a football player can be forced to stand during thr national anthem as a condition of their employment, then why was it " ok" for her to refuse her employers rules and still keep her job?....
    My opinion is if a Christian person feels so strongly on those issues, they shouldn't seek employment that could put them in a position that could cause a conflict of interest..... .. The " law and order" crowd should understand that.....

Just a point on the Football players.... I don't think any of them refuse to stand, based on a religious belief, its just a protest..... Agree or not.... I'd ask why are sporting events even involved in politics and patriotism in the first place.... It's just another big business that provides entertainment to those who like sports.... To the fans its just a "game"....or at least that's all it should be.....

I personally don't think that in a " free society" no employer should be allowed to "force" any employee to demonstrate their "patriotism" as a condition of employment.....

I think politics and patriotism have no place in sports....aside from the Olympics...which those athletes are there representing their respective Nations........

troubleman84 likes this.
  6. pilot87

The NFL should allow players to protest ....this whole thing will fade anyway.....but by the same token, I absolutely agree with you that the Dallas cowboy players should also have been allowed to honor those officers killed...... You're correct on that point.... In all the attention given to this latest flap. I'd forgotten about that.... Good point!

troubleman84 likes this.
  7. troubleman84

troubleman84 Well-Known Member

Times have changed
    How you figure on their part recent behavior last time I checked unarmed black men being killed was reasons for protest?

8. troubleman84

Don’t worry if you don’t know by now. www.google.com

pilot87 likes this.
  9. troubleman84

https://theundefeated.com/features/what-the-nfl-players-are-asking-for-in-their-memo/

10. ABFer

ABFer Super Moderator Staff Member

Two very simple questions, your inability/unwillingness leaves me to believe what I think your answers would be. Which, by the way is exactly what your answers would be, that's why you won't answer.

11. ABFer

ABFer Super Moderator Staff Member

12. Northern Flash

Northern Flash Piss on our Flag, get a boycott against you.

Liberals constantly preaching hate and division is now falling on deaf ears. You can only pull the fire alarm so many times before people stop reacting to it.
    It's a made up narrative and a protest with no legs.

If you are one that is crazy enough to actually think that this country is this divided, you are deeply entrenched into the Democrat narrative. The movement is based on false information and lies, sponsored and pushed by the Democrat party.

13. Northern Flash

I would use the word "feelings" not the player's "rights", since going against the league rules and free speech does not apply here. The players do have rights, and the owners have the right to fire them, and the fans have the right to boycott their league.
    But none of these examples are tied to the 1st Amendment protections.

jimmy g and runawaytrain like this.
  14. Northern Flash

Give us some details. Who the hell (precisely) is the Alt-right. And don't give us some generic b.s. either, who specifically?

Your movement is all based on generalities, no specifics.

"Blacks are oppressed." "In what way specifically?" Answer......"Blacks are oppressed."
    "Based on what?" Answer....."Blacks are oppressed".

runawaytrain likes this.
  15. Northern Flash

You are mixing two different issues. Is there still some racism? Hell yes, and there always will be. Does some :horseshit:group of racist radicals exist? Yep. Does some group of people called the alt-right exist? I have no idea, since I've never heard any specifics of who these folks supposedly are.
    They obviously mean nothing in the bigger scheme of things.

runawaytrain likes this.
  16. Northern Flash

They are doing nothing but promoting more future racial issues. In fact, this b.s. movement has now moved into the pee wee ranks.
    Real smart.

falconfan and runawaytrain like this.
  17. Northern Flash

18. Northern Flash

Blacks killing Blacks in Chiraq is a real good reason to protest, but that goes unrecognized. Must not be enough money in it or have enough of a captive audience for that type of protest.

19. Northern Flash

Just a quick comparison on the two races and what each have done to create a more co-existent society.

Whites......
    Ended slavery.
    Stopped segregation.
    One man equals one full vote.
    Created Affirmative Action, for fair employment opportunities for Blacks.
    Eliminated offensive words from normal conversations, ( The "N" word and many others) Who says it now? Just Blacks.
    Allowed for Black only universities.
    Allowed for Black only scholarships.
    Made honoring MLK a national holiday.
    Elected an unqualified Black man for President. (A white guy with that resume' would have been laughed at.)

Blacks......
    Ahhhh.
    Ummm.

I'm going to have to get back with you on that.
    :popcorn:

20. Northern Flash

Yet all of the drive-by shootings in Chiraq are ignored. Are those who get shot armed? Nope. But that seems to be okay.
    Why don't these NFL players take their influence to Chiraq and protest and demand that the violence stops?
    It's obvious, they aren't really steadfast on their conviction if it's inconvenient.