NFL to open season on a Wednesday night to avoid Obama speech

R-14Driver

TB Legend
Credits
The NFL will begin its 2012 NFL season on a Wednesday night in order to avoid conflicting with President Obama's nominating speech at the Democratic National Convention.

Roger Goodell made the announcement that the regular season will begin Sept. 5, one day earlier than the traditional start on the first Thursday of the month. The defending Super Bowl champion New York Giants will host the opener.

It will be the league's first Wednesday game since 1948.............................

NFL to open season on a Wednesday night to avoid Obama speech | Shutdown Corner - Yahoo! Sports

This is wrong..An abomination.. Communism..A damn sin...Oh well, I wasn't going to watch the game or Barry anyway...Someone has to work,so Magoo doesn't have to...

When I first read the title of the article,my first reaction was,"I dont blame them,I try to avoid all Obama speeches too"lol

Well, moving that game away from his speech won't effect me any. I wouldn't listen to his B.S. regardless of what day he says it on. Whether it's a friend, family member, or our President........If I have to weed through the B.S. while having a conversation with you, I'll pass on my next opportunity. Plus, I just realized that I'm scheduled to straighten my stereo wires during his speech's time slot.

Barry may want to check the other networks to see what they have scheduled. Because if the Simpsons, Underwater Basket Weaving, or Gardening with Martha Stewart is on, he will lose viewers.

Well, moving that game away from his speech won't effect me any. I wouldn't listen to his B.S. regardless of what day he says it on. Whether it's a friend, family member, or our President........If I have to weed through the B.S. while having a conversation with you, I'll pass on my next opportunity. Plus, I just realized that I'm scheduled to straighten my stereo wires during his speech's time slot.

Thanks for reminding me on Wed the NFL's new opening day I was going to rotate the air in my tires but now I will do it on Thursday Obamamamam concert day . :woot2:

I wish that they would start airing his speeches during the night around 3:00 am, in case I'm having a bout with insomnia.